2018 Hyundai Accent

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I know the Hyundai filter is very poor at filtering. Tell me I'm wrong....

And if I ordered something that had specific photo evidence of and did not get that then it is my problem if I keep it. I have ordered many Auto 7 parts off RA for my Hyundais and they all came in Hyundai packaging.

I have a 2013 Accent hatch and I've used the OEM, and Fram Tough Guards and Ultras...no knocking from the Frams and I doubt there would be any from a quality filter with an ADBV and the right spec. The OEM filter is definitely a tank compared to a lot of the aftermarket filters.

I typically have just gotten a name brand air and cabin filter versus the OEM but some might be more particular.

It's been a great car over the last five and a half years and it's probably one that flies under the radar a bit. They should probably sell more of them than they do ( independent of the love affair with the CUV/SUV ) but you don't see a lot of promotion from Hyundai versus the more $bread and butter$ models.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
I have a 2013 Accent hatch and I've used the OEM, and Fram Tough Guards and Ultras...no knocking from the Frams and I doubt there would be any from a quality filter with an ADBV and the right spec. The OEM filter is definitely a tank compared to a lot of the aftermarket filters.

I typically have just gotten a name brand air and cabin filter versus the OEM but some might be more particular.

It's been a great car over the last five and a half years and it's probably one that flies under the radar a bit. They should probably sell more of them than they do ( independent of the love affair with the CUV/SUV ) but you don't see a lot of promotion from Hyundai versus the more $bread and butter$ models.

So far I like it, I have a long commute so I like the good gas mileage. I just wish the tires were bigger, although I'm sure they have to do with the mpg.

What size are your tires? Mine are 15" on the Elantra or just right for me.

My parts department guy gave me a lecture about only using OEM oil filters. Then he said he could sell OEM for $5. I had a $10 off parts coupon and bought 4. I like the tank like qualities of OEM, but not the filtering. This summer using a Fram Ultra and 10w-30 conventional. The Elantra has never been quieter and great gas mileage to boot.

Enjoy the Accent!

Originally Posted By: BAJA_05
You broke the bank already for that Hyundai Accent -- nothing but the best for that high performance machine!!!
shocked.gif

Sounding kinda jealous there.. the 18 accents sure arent a hyundai excel or even the 2002 model.

They arent in my list of cars to buy, but if I had a rental while on vacation..it would be perfectly adequate.

I prefer something with more tire sidewall due to the terrible roads here.. and maybe some more pep. but they are decent cars with plenty of features at a budget price.. although the new ones cost more than the elantra.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
OEM, Auto 7, Mann, or Hastings

The OEM Hyundai/Kia filter is made by Mann in Korea. The Mann part number is W811/80

To add to this, Premium Guard also makes a Hyundai/Kia-specific filter that is OK to use. Premium Guard Extended Life or something
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: zeke1985

So far I like it, I have a long commute so I like the good gas mileage. I just wish the tires were bigger, although I'm sure they have to do with the mpg.

My 2013 is an SE ( top model then instead of the base model like it is now ) with 195/50-16 as the OEM tire size. It's a size where there's a relative dearth of choices so I'm currently running 205/50-16. I can't say there's much of an MPG hit and there's almost a half inch extra of sidewall. If you have the 185/65-15s then you have a lot of tire choices and probably don't have the need to upsize or change anything. My guess is that if you had the 17s on this Accent then you'd wish for the 15s if you value ride comfort.

I use the OEM on my Elantra, can get a six pack for under $5/each if you shop around. Well built, some say they do not filter as well as others but like the oil we put way too much emphasis on filters, micron counts etc. Change the oil on a reasonable interval with a decent filter and engine will outlast the rest of the car.

I use the Fram Ultra XG9688 filter on my 2017 Hyundai Elantra 2.0L. No start up rattles either. You can find the factory Hyundai/Kia filters on Amazon usually for $26 for 6 and the come with new washers.

L8R,
Matt

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wymi516
You can get OE oil filters w crush washers for about $6.00 on Ebay. Cabin filters I make my own, air filters OE on Ebay again at good prices. Is 5-30 an option for that motor in the manual?

You can get OE oil filters from dealer at $50 for a pack of 10. Just ask parts manager.

Hyundai, Kia and Mobis 26300-35504 filters are all the same. So is Mann W 811/80.

OE Hyundai air and cabin filters are typically low $20s online.

I buy my crush washers in large lots at around $.50 per.

Originally Posted By: Rand
You broke the bank already for that Hyundai Accent -- nothing but the best for that high performance machine!!!
shocked.gif

Sounding kinda jealous there.. the 18 accents sure arent a hyundai excel or even the 2002 model.

They arent in my list of cars to buy, but if I had a rental while on vacation..it would be perfectly adequate.

I prefer something with more tire sidewall due to the terrible roads here.. and maybe some more pep. but they are decent cars with plenty of features at a budget price.. although the new ones cost more than the elantra.
Let me tell you something -- I am anything BUT JEALOUS of a Hyundai on any level!!! Lol

shocked.gif

Let me tell you something -- I am anything BUT JEALOUS of a Hyundai on any level!!! Lol

Oh come on...the jealousy is clanging. You just found out they didn't make the Excel anymore and you're taking it out on the board. My only hope is that you're not someone who posts about Hyundai circa 1987 and thinks Bush Sr. is still President...there's been a few of those on here.

shocked.gif

Oh come on...the jealousy is clanging. You just found out they didn't make the Excel anymore and you're taking it out on the board. My only hope is that you're not someone who posts about Hyundai circa 1987 and thinks Bush Sr. is still President...there's been a few of those on here.

Actually, from my first post on this thread -- I was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back