2018 Hellcat Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
How did I miss you buying a Charger? Did you post pictures?
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...tip#Post4751672

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'm surprised the back seat is small - some variant of that is used as police cars.
I don't find it small at all. There is a lot more rear legroom in it than in my 530i. Rear headroom might be an inch less though, according to specs.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Ha! I never clicked on that thread due to the title. Sharp ride!
Thanks.
smile.gif

Yes, the rear seating is quite roomy...just feels small with 2 child seats. I realized my impression of it being small was rather exaggerated. Night all. Quattro Pete. Congratulations on your Charger as well.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Just crossed over 850 miles on this vehicle. So far it has burned at little over half a quart of oil.

Interestingly enough, mine appears to be overfilled from the factory. Maybe they added a bit more in anticipation of it consuming some during the initial break-in period?

The distance between 'add' and 'full' mark on the dipstick is about half an inch. My level shows about a quarter inch above 'full' mark, so about half a quart overfilled, give or take.

Quattro Pete, do you check 10 minutes after shut down or when cold? I remember getting different readings...so I check when hot after shut down. Mine was right at top when I checked after I got home from buying it.

Last edited:
I checked it when cold. I guess I should recheck a few minutes after shut down, like you suggested, since that's what the OM recommends as well.

Quote:
The best time to check the engine oil level is about five minutes after a fully warmed engine is shut off.

Quick update, I now have 1,210 miles on the car. Oil consumption has leveled off. This car is a great daily...only have to watch driveways due to low profile. This car goes from mild to wild like nothing else I have experienced (granted my experience level is low). Have not taken traction control off and hit it yet...I am a little afraid to be honest. Still waiting on 1,500 for any crazy (safe) adventures. Hope all is well.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Quattro Pete, do you check 10 minutes after shut down or when cold? I remember getting different readings...so I check when hot after shut down. Mine was right at top when I checked after I got home from buying it.

I tried checking 10 min after shut down. The oil is all over the dipstick - I absolutely can't tell what level it's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back