2018 Diesel F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over it's 25,600 miles my 2wd 157"wb 2.7EB Lariat has averaged 22.2 on the lie-o-meter. 87 octane Shell.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
He said the window sticker read $63,771.22.

Man, I understand trucks are manly compared to an luxury SUV but I think a truck shouldn't cost a much or more than a luxury car. Trucks to me are built to work and haul.

I'll buy a used Range Rover L405 or Lexus GX460/LX570 for that much.

Last edited:
2016 F150 4x4 Supercrew with the 2.7. I'm averaging 19 MPG after 27,000 miles. That's driving year around in the cold (and short tripping) and hauling my boat on occassion. Previous '04 F150 did it getting 14.25 mpg. On the freeway, I've done as well as 24.5 mpg.

Not sure I am the target market for the diesel, but if it delivers closer to the EPA numbers, I can see some folks going for it. Here, diesel is so much more than gas, and a pain when its cold outside, that I'm not the target.

And as to the cost, I'll never understand the bellyaching about the MSRP of these trucks.

1st, if you pay the MSRP, you aren't very bright - period. There are tons of incentives and room to wiggle on price. I bought mine for $14,000 less than the MSRP.

2nd, why should a truck only be utilitarian? Why shouldn't someone who uses their truck for work and towing be able to have something nice. For many, its their office. The mentality of if I want something nice, I'll buy something else is funny.

3rd, if you don;t want to spend that money, any of the manufacturers will happily make a work level trim truck for you, and charge you substantially less. Go ahead and buy one - let the others who want the nice one buy that. Don't pretend they both aren't availible. In Ford's case, yes, they have decided that the Diesel won't be avalible for XL or XLT trim unless it is a fleet order. But they have 4 other engines you can choose from...

I like the power ratings. Its not far from my 01 7.3L E350 van as far as power ratings go. I'm sure its significantly lighter in weight too. I think its a truck for most people's needs. Some actually will need that 3/4 or 1 ton but i think plenty are buying them just to have a diesel. They would possibly take this lighter diesel.

The only problems i see are the price and the unknown reliability so far. 3.0L V6 giving similar output as the old 7.3 is pretty good. If it lasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back