2018 Diesel F150

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son called me today from work. He said he had to detail a 2018 F150 Super Crew 4X4, 3.0 V6 Diesel truck. He said the window sticker read $63,771.22. He stated that it was loaded with EVERYTHING! He was able to go fill it up with diesel for the new owners and said it drove very nice and quiet. He also said it was very peppy. That was their dealerships 1st one.
Has anyone here seen one, test drove one, yet?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
He said the window sticker read $63,771.22.

Well.... I'm sorry to say I won't be buying one anytime soon.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
3.0 V6? That's not manly! That's a girls truck!

LOL!!!

440 lb-ft torque @ 1,750 rpm

Whoah.......

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
He said the window sticker read $63,771.22.

Well.... I'm sorry to say I won't be buying one anytime soon.

Not you but many folks won’t blink an eye at that window sticker.

I've seen new F-150's sticker at $67,000 with a gas engine. Given the additional cost of a diesel engine, it couldn't have been fully loaded .

That's an a ridiculous and insane price for a pickup truck, regardless of what junk stuff they fill it with.

Diesel half ton is neat, but Id prefer a 3/4 ton for that money. Could buy Chevy 2500 4x4 LT models on ebay all day long for $50-60k, which is also obscene.

Market is pretty small I would think. Should be reliable if it's the same as the range Rover version. One concern though: why does the 4x4 version lose 5mpg?!

V6
37.gif

Ford.com won’t let me configure on yet, but it was my understanding that they are only going to be available in Lariet and above trims. Not sure if you can fleet order it in an XL... but an XL extended cab FX4/MaxTow/Diesel would be pretty sweet...

Take my man card. Feeling a little feminine.

LOL!!!

Whoah.......

About the same as the Ecoboost 3.5. And the EB 3.5 runs on regular old gas which around here is cheaper than Diesel. I still don't get the allure of Diesel in anything other than the 3/4-1 tons.

And spare me the girly nonsense. The "girly EB 3.6" smokes every 1/2 ton except the 6.2 GM where it's either a tie or splitting hairs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: itguy08

About the same as the Ecoboost 3.5.
And the EB 3.5 runs on regular old gas which around here is cheaper than Diesel.
And spare me the girly nonsense.
The "girly EB 3.6" smokes every 1/2 ton except the 6.2 GM where it's either a tie or splitting hairs.

And PROVEN reliability and track record (I am indeed impressed)

No DEF needed, either

Originally Posted By: itguy08

LOL!!!

Whoah.......

About the same as the Ecoboost 3.5. And the EB 3.5 runs on regular old gas which around here is cheaper than Diesel. I still don't get the allure of Diesel in anything other than the 3/4-1 tons.

And spare me the girly nonsense. The "girly EB 3.6" smokes every 1/2 ton except the 6.2 GM where it's either a tie or splitting hairs.

Gotta be the mileage. The diesel is expected to get 25+ in 4x4 trim on the highway. What can an EB do, maybe 20? I drove an EB Ford Flex today and the instrument panel had an average of 14.7 MPG. They aren't the efficiency kings they're made out to be.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
I live in the Az mountains and I average 17.5 - 18.5 mpg in my EB FX4 with 3:73s. And there ain’t no level ground anywhere ‘round here.

Calculated the old fashioned way or by the dash? The Toyota and Chevy both give mpg readings 2+ over what you calculate every time. Which Az mountains?

The gas 2.7 eco has 400lb/ft of torque at 2700rpm. The 3.5 eco has 470 lb/ft. Many 2.7s run in the low 20s for mpg in regular driving. Diesel only in Lariat and up trim.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 14Accent

Gotta be the mileage. The diesel is expected to get 25+ in 4x4 trim on the highway. What can an EB do, maybe 20? I drove an EB Ford Flex today and the instrument panel had an average of 14.7 MPG. They aren't the efficiency kings they're made out to be.

Not sure on the mileage - Here Regular is $2.89 and Diesel is $3.35.

I own 2 EB 3.5s, one in a Taurus SHO (soulmate to the Flex) - it gets 25-26 on the highway and 19-23 in town. Lifetime average is 21.06 MPG over 124k. My commute is mainly mixed driving.

The other is in a Max Tow F150 Supercrew 4x4 (not a fuel sipping configuration). Not towing I can kiss 20. Towing 9000+ lbs, it's 8-12.

I don't know how much better the F150 would be with a Diesel but from what I've heard while towing Diesel is only a little more efficient than gas. But I'm not convinced the #'s work out for Diesel when all factors are accounted for unless you live in an area where Diesel is closer to regular (not premium) gas prices. Especially when engines like the EB 2.7 do very good in the MPG department.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back