2014-2017 Toyota Corolla CVT Quiet Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by edyvw
Toyota ALWAYS does quite recall unless there is big media thing.

Toyota did a silent recall for my parent's dashboard cracking - it affected the 2004-2007 Sienna, Camry and the Lexus IS/LS. But, they didn't honor the one for my brake actuator even though I have a C1263 code. They want all the revelvant C-codes(C125x) and the brake/ABS/VSC lights to be on as well.

Originally Posted by ekpolk
Originally Posted by clinebarger
I'm not aware of a CVT in a Prius? "Element" Push Belt design CVT is much different!

Correct, the Prius does NOT have a CVT -- anything like the CVTs installed in other cars. A dozen or so years ago, I stumbled on an online debate between a couple of engineering purists. The summarized conclusion seemed to be the idea that the setup in the Prius is more truly a "one-speed automatic with an infinitely variable single speed".

The same eCVT design is also used by Ford(via Toyota patent and Aisin-AW made the Fusion/Escape Hybrid power unit, supposedly the newest one used in the Fusion/Focus/C-Max Energi is entirely made by Ford). GM and Allison use something similar for their 2-Mode hybrid and bus hybrid system as well. BMW and Daimler were also part of the GM-Allison hybrid partnership as well. The Volt seems closer to a Prius on a transmission level. The hybrid Tahoe/Escalade/Silverado(and the hybrid X5/ML-Class with the Global Hybrid Partnership unit) were closer to an Allison H40/H50-equipped bus.

The newest revision of the Toyota Hybrid System now has a 4-speed gearset for use in the new Lexus LS/LC500h. And it also means there's "10" speeds for the hybrid versions.

/edit: some material on the GM 2-mode system and the Allison bus system:
http://portal1.cdta.org/maintenance...ic%20Drive%20Theory%20of%20Operation.pdf
http://documents.epfl.ch/users/f/fr/froulet/www/Hybrid/HybridVehiclessession5-1.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back