2000 Plymouth Neon with 6 original miles!

I did have one for a short period & they were excellent on fuel. Depending on what it goes for could be a good deal w/the non existent mileage.
I'd guess it will go for collector money. It's not like it's going to be $4k and you'd pick it up as a daily driver.

When I test drove a Dart sport when they came out tears ago, I said to the ride a long salesman, "this is terrible- even a Neon was Better, LOL.

I recall test driving one of those special " track ready" Neon models with a stick - that wasn't too bad, Forget what it was called. A good driver for a FWD compact- using of course the Acura Integra GS-R as the one to beat.

Last edited:
Was 1999 the original body style?
That's what I was wondering too. The 1st Gens were the iconic Neons, the ones that were on the billboards and commercials everywhere. The 2nd Gens had virtually no advertising as Chrysler had pretty much lost interest by that time.

That's a good color for the 2nd gen Neon. I had a 95, and wouldn't mind driving a clean manual 1st gen even now.
The 2GN did look really good in white.

That's what I was wondering too. The 1st Gens were the iconic Neons, the ones that were on the billboards and commercials everywhere. The 2nd Gens had virtually no advertising as Chrysler had pretty much lost interest by that time.

I contend they were still trying to recover from the head gasket issues before they switch to MLS gaskets. It was a 95/96 issue, but that reputation lives with the Neon to this day.

Those are port miles. Must have been in a dealer showroom. Worry about rusty cylinders, timing belt set , brake seals, fuel pump, etc
For a daily driver, I'd need to do a lot of work before I trusted that to drive down the highway. Age kills.

1999 was the first year of the triple seal for the head gasket.

This will probably sell for around $15k to $18k.

That would have been perfect for someone's rental car fleet. Base model in white with an automatic and air.

Back