2000 Camry V6 - In need of strut recommendations please

I just purchased a 2000 Camry V6 with 130k original miles and I need new struts all around. At some point the PO had replaced them with quick struts but those things are blown and super bouncy. I’m going to go to the junkyard and grab OEM springs as I believe the factory spring rates are better than the aftermarket stuff that come with loaded/quick struts and hoping I can luck out on decent OEM top hat mounts.

So please feel free to recommend away! Also, does anyone know who exactly makes struts for Toyota?

KYB quick struts are an option if you want to go that route; they are OEM.

Moog springs are also decent and a value for this car (or at least they used to be! Prices these days…). I’ve used them in the parallel Lexus with good results for about 10 years/100k miles. I combined Moog springs and KYB Excel cartridges for a cost-effective and high quality solution. I wouldn’t use take-off springs unless the mileage was pretty reasonable.

KYB quick struts are an option if you want to go that route; they are OEM.

Moog springs are also decent and a value for this car (or at least they used to be! Prices these days…). I’ve used them in the parallel Lexus with good results for about 10 years/100k miles. I combined Moog springs and KYB Excel cartridges for a cost-effective and high quality solution. I wouldn’t use take-off springs unless the mileage was pretty reasonable.
I’ve heard mixed things about using used/higher mileage springs. I took into account that I’m in Northern California so we get no snow or salt and our 30 year old cars have easy lives (environmentally speaking).

Reactions: D60
I’ve heard mixed things about using used/higher mileage springs. I took into account that I’m in Northern California so we get no snow or salt and our 30 year old cars have easy lives (environmentally speaking).

Yeah, we have the same conditions here in western WA so take-off parts locally don’t phase me when needed.

My observations from a while as a mod at TN in the sub-forums for that and similar cars was the OE springs were good for about 160 to 200k tops (have observed the same with the similar Lexus). So compare the Moog costs to take-off costs and mileage, is what I was getting at. When I bought them in the past, the Moogs were only about $85 delivered for the rear pair, vs. about $340 for new Lexus (rear pair only). Really good value and have held up (and for others, too).

Yeah, we have the same conditions here in western WA so take-off parts locally don’t phase me when needed.

My observations from a while as a mod at TN in the sub-forums for that and similar cars was the OE springs were good for about 160 to 200k tops (have observed the same with the similar Lexus). So compare the Moog costs to take-off costs and mileage, is what I was getting at. When I bought them in the past, the Moogs were only about $85 delivered for the rear pair, vs. about $340 for new Lexus (rear pair only). Really good value and have held up (and for others, too).
Thank you for the thoughtful response. It’s been a while since I’ve seen anyone recommend anything Moog lol. Do you like the Moog springs?

Bilstein are the best I have ever used if available for your vehicle. With that mileage if the quick struts are bad they must be Monroe which wear out very quickly.
I agree with you. I have Bilsteins on my lifted F150 and they’re my favorite shocks. Nice and firm and provide great ride characteristics.

KYB quick struts are the best choice for your 2000 Camry :)

Sachs is good too, but only 2 of the 4 struts are in-stock at Rock Auto, though other sites may carry the Sachs quick struts.

Sensen is said to be a Chinese copy of KYB, but they don't last as long as the real thing.
Thanks slacktide! I’ve had Excel G’s on my truck before and they were a hair firmer than the factory struts which I don’t mind.

The only concern I have with quick struts is from some of the posts on here about people receiving faulty units that rattle or weren’t assembled correctly and would make weird noises or fail prematurely.

Bilstein are the best I have ever used if available for your vehicle. With that mileage if the quick struts are bad they must be Monroe which wear out very quickly.
Yep I saw Monroes fail in 14k miles on a 2014 Cherokee. The customer wanted Mopar OEM, which wasn't a terrible choice although the Bilstein B6 might have been better.

I simply won't install Monroe struts or quick struts - in a year it makes me look incompetent when they fail.

Thank you for the thoughtful response. It’s been a while since I’ve seen anyone recommend anything Moog lol. Do you like the Moog springs?

I’m very careful about Moog and aware of the current rep. I figured the springs were worth the gamble and they have been excellent. 10 years and 100k miles and A-ok. I had two other acquaintances with 4th gen Lexus ES do the same thing and have been happy with the combo (moog spring + KYB cartridge).

Back