1989 Isuzu Trooper

I find when working on older stuff like this I have to resist the temptation that is typically the little bits that you find that you think oh I will just do that while I’m here. Next thing a few hour job is a few days.

I find when working on older stuff like this I have to resist the temptation that is typically the little bits that you find that you think oh I will just do that while I’m here. Next thing a few hour job is a few days.
I know what you meant; I almost pulled the bottom end out of it too.

FB_IMG_1681678864952.jpg

So, in summary, the Trooper got:

New head from Clearwater
Fel-Pro HG kit
Continental timing belt kit
Cap
Rotor
Plugs
Wires
Aluminum radiator
Rad cap
Rad hoses
Aisin thermostat
ECU temp sensor
Gauge temp sensor
Fuel hoses
Vacuum lines
Pacesetter header
Custom 2.5" exhaust
Injectors by @Trav
IAC and ignitor moved to top of engine
Temp gauge sensor moved to thermo vac valve port
Coolant channel in intake blocked

Nice rebuild of this SUV. (y)

I still miss that sweeet 911.
Me too.

It was time though... my best guess is rebuilding the M96 would have been ~6x the cost (roughly).

The only two cars I've had that I truly miss and would want to own again (and keep forever) are my '03 S2000 and my '92 750i.

And I wish instead of buying my Touareg I would have just held onto my X3.

you had an s2000... and you sold it??? I've always wanted one of those, if I got an unmolested one i would keep it. Honda should make some small high revving manual car again, something like the integra R or Honda crx

Sometimes it’s only looking back when we realise we had something worth holding on to.

The urge to trade for something else can often be very powerful though.
The insurance went from $250/mo which was already expensive to $780/mo after shipping it to Germany.

Was fun while it lasted.

Back