2010 FX4 | PU 5w-20 | 5.4L | 21600 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the 5th OC for the FX4. I discovered the rear main seal was leaking during this run and had it changed. However, when I changed it I discovered there is a still a slight leak so it may be going back to the dealer for another seal.

Thoughts and comments always welcome!

I'll make the same comment I did on the other thread for the 16,600 run.

Looks good to me. Just for a comparison, next oil change run the Platinum 5W-20 in it.

Looks good, except your title is a little misleading with the vehicle mileage displayed instead of oil mileage. I thought this was a 21k oil run.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Looks good, except your title is a little misleading with the vehicle mileage displayed instead of oil mileage. I thought this was a 21k oil run.

All of my UOA posts are in this format, but the UOA shows both. I would put oil and vehicle mileage EXCEPT I do not think the subject line will take that many characters.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Did you change the PU oil out at 5K miles???? Why use PU for such a short run when you could have used PYB?

Why use PU, PP, MC, M1, Redline, Amsoil, RP or any synthetic? It is owner's choice to do so! My FX4 is still under warranty and PU has the properties of an oil that I want and so these are the reasons.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

PU's Zinc level just keeps going down, down, down....

I assume by stating this there is something wrong with the zinc levels or?

Looks good.

Might be the first report I have seen with Barium in it.

I was also confused by the title. Thought it was going to be a super long OCI report.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Might be the first report I have seen with Barium in it.

The barium was only in the factory fill which should have been MC 5w-20 synthetic blend. The remainder have been with PU and no barium.

Originally Posted By: Artem

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back