10’ Land Rover Range Rover - 5.0 V8 NA (143k) (4,306 Mile interval) (LM 0W-40)

This is of my 2010 Range Rover with the 5.0 Naturally Aspirated V8. We are the original owner, it's been running the same viscosity (5W-40/0W-40) for the last 10 years and we have never run an interval over 6k miles. I started doing these analysis after the vehicle went over the 100k mark, it had its timing chains done at around 68k miles, a OTS (Off the Shelf) tune from Eurocharged which was installed at 70k miles, and the engine oil cooler was done around 112k miles. New injectors, coils, plugs, valve cover, pcv at 130k miles.

Another good result! Extremely happy to see the analysis return to what it was 'normally' about 1-2 years ago. I am thinking about doing another timing chain repair on this as I believe I am starting to hear a rattle on start-up. That has yet to be determined. That may result in pulling the motor as my oil pan is leaking, that requires the engine out as the front diff and axle run through the oil pan. Time will tell! At this point, I don't think I'll be doing anything different, I've thought about changing the oil viscosity to 30 weight or maybe 5W-40 but I see no reason to change at this point.

IMG_9937.jpg

Excellent results.. I often wonder if one is taken care of then why it would get lumped into "british junk" pile. This one seems to be well cared for as I've seen from your previous UOA. That's great!

Back