Renewable lubricant fuel additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed a couple of products on the Renewable Lubricant Website.

1. Bio-Plus Injector Cleaner/Gas Conditioner
2. Bio-Power.

Does anyone have any experience with these products? Is either one of them a good alternative to a product like Lucas UCL and/or FP Plus (FP 3000)? How do they compare in effectiveness?

One of them main reasons for creating the FP PLUS line was to add better UCL qualities. FP60 was not as good at this. FP PLUS is a very good UCL.

I would - why not? Don't go crazy with heavy mixtures, and use ashless 2-stroke oil.
I mix 2-stroke, MMO, oil and UCL for my fuel mix.
The new FP+ seems great. I may order some, but for now I like the immediate availability of the common stuff, and how it performs for me.

Quote:

I noticed a couple of products on the Renewable Lubricant Website.

1. Bio-Plus Injector Cleaner/Gas Conditioner
2. Bio-Power.

Does anyone have any experience with these products? Is either one of them a good alternative to a product like Lucas UCL and/or FP Plus (FP 3000)? How do they compare in effectiveness?

I currently use Bio-Plus and have used FP60 and FP3000 in my Audi RS4. Based on my experience, I'd say that all three products have about the same effectiveness in my engine. At 25K miles I pulled and changed the plugs. There were essentially no deposits. Those plugs could have gone another 25K miles.

I've never been able to measure a difference in fuel mileage, but my engine only has 25K miles on it, is a very efficient direct injection design, and has used either FP60/3000 or Bio-Plus since day one.

I like the mixture ratio of 1 oz per 15.6 gallons of fuel for Bio-Plus, which is about my normal fill up. It makes it easy to carry a conveniently small supply for road trips.

Another plus for Bio-Plus is that Renewable Lubricants is easy to work with, good people, and don't seem to have the supply chain and delivery problems that LCD have had this year.

Good question, leebae! I've wondered the same thing.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back