Anyone try or heard of 'Fuel Doctor' from Australia?

a5m

In my search of a convenient measure and pour solution for my TC-W3 and Redline SI-1 cocktail, came across this fuel system cleaning additive from Australia:

Fuel Doctor Fuel Conditioner is specifically formulated for Diesel, Petrol and two-stroke engines to clean gums, varnish, carbon, disburse moisture, disburse microbial material and Increase lubricity.

Lots of info, videos and material on their site. Seems it started off as a cleaner for water and microbial contamination in industrial fuel tanks. Found a lot on diesel fuel and removing (separating) water from it.

Got some pricing to have it shipped in the US and was thinking of trying it:

5 Litre = $152.21
1 Litre = $34.82
250ml = $13.00

Anyone have experience with this stuff? To my surprise empty bottles like the 250ML one are impossible to find in the US, so I figured I'd buy something that I can actually try instead of just throwing it out to use the bottle. Buying these from Alibaba is out of the question since their MOQ is like 5k or 10k units. Unless there's enough interest for a Group Buy 😂
fuel-doctor-250ml-1litre-5litre-560x602-1.png

Last edited:
In my search of a convenient measure and pour solution for my TC-W3 and Redline SI-1 cocktail, came across this fuel system cleaning additive from Australia:

Fuel Doctor Fuel Conditioner is specifically formulated for Diesel, Petrol and two-stroke engines to clean gums, varnish, carbon, disburse moisture, disburse microbial material and Increase lubricity.

Lots of info, videos and material on their site. Seems it started off as a cleaner for water and microbial contamination in industrial fuel tanks. Found a lot on diesel fuel and removing (separating) water from it.

Got some pricing to have it shipped in the US and was thinking of trying it:

5 Litre = $152.21
1 Litre = $34.82
250ml = $13.00

Anyone have experience with this stuff? To my surprise empty bottles like the 250ML one are impossible to find in the US, so I figured I'd buy something that I can actually try instead of just throwing it out to use the bottle. Buying these from Alibaba is out of the question since their MOQ is like 5k or 10k units. Unless there's enough interest for a Group Buy 😂
fuel-doctor-250ml-1litre-5litre-560x602-1.png
Looking at the SDS, its mostly alcohols, so no way i want to add more alcohol to my fuel.

Looks like a snake oil.

2-(2-butoxyethoxy) ethanol 112-34-5 >30%<60%
Poly(oxy-1,2-ethanediyl), alpha-tridecyl-omega-hydroxy-, branched 69011-36-5 >10%<30%
Alcohols, C12-14, ethoxylated 68439-50-9 >10%<30%
Ingredients not classified as hazardous to 100%

I was going to say 'dry gas'.

What problem on your car are you trying to solve by adding this, or any other cocktail, like your TC-W3?

I ask because a normal car doesn’t need anything other than gasoline.

My wife’s Volvo has nearly 300,000 miles on it, runs great. Has no problems.

And it never got any of the products you are using.

What problem on your car are you trying to solve by adding this, or any other cocktail, like your TC-W3?

I ask because a normal car doesn’t need anything other than gasoline.

My wife’s Volvo has nearly 300,000 miles on it, runs great. Has no problems.

And it never got any of the products you are using.
I don't want to launch into this discussion and derail the thread. Just curious about this product.

But you make a good point, perhaps I can make my life easier by foregoing all this and just pumping fuel at the station. It has crossed my mind, but then what do I do with all the TC-W3 and SI-1??

Thanks to the others for pointing out the SDS. Probably should've included that as well. I didn't research enough but did confirm the first ingredient wasn't PEA although it kinda looked like it to my naive eyes at first glance.

The redline fuel system cleaner is a good product, and I throw a fuel system cleaner (AMSOIL, in my case) in the tank about every 5000 miles. I don’t reckon it hurts, except, perhaps my wallet if it wasn’t needed.

Reactions: a5m
We use it at work for killing diesel algae in trucks and as a sort of fuel stabiliser for small Honda engines. No idea if it works and never used it in a car but it doesn't seem to hurt anything in the prescribed doses. I believe the brand got picked up by castrol at some stage so it can't be too horrible 🤷

We use it at work for killing diesel algae in trucks and as a sort of fuel stabiliser for small Honda engines. No idea if it works and never used it in a car but it doesn't seem to hurt anything in the prescribed doses. I believe the brand got picked up by castrol at some stage so it can't be too horrible 🤷
0h yes Castrol, forgot to mention that. Nice to see someone who actually uses it, even if not in a car. I'm thinking I'll order some at least for the bottle, and try it for a tank. What's the worst that can happen...

Might be similar to https://www.fuelright.com/ . I use that in my home heating oil tank. I used a water indicating paste and it showed I had about 1.5-2" of water at bottom (inground tank). I started using that and now have no water showing when I check. They said it can be used for regular fuel also. My friend bought some for his boat as well as BG fuel drier since he was getting water/condensation issues especially with his spare tank. I think he used Phazer 200 or something like that first.

For my cars and OPE I use BG 44k, Gumout multi-system, and Gumout Regane but not on any set intervals.

BG44K made a difference that I felt and noted in my MPG after years of using Techron that I never noticed anything. I thought it was just maintaining clean since I used it like every other OCI. YMMV.

For the bottle just get some Stabil Marine version and rock on.

Reactions: a5m
Which one of these looks like the one I posted with the long neck? I'll wait.

Anyway I asked to buy a single 250ml bottle and was refused, saying "having never used the product would be doing you and the product a disservice." Then was asked what vehicle etc etc and suggested to buy nearly $200 worth of product to do the "shock" treatment and get the full effect. I asked if I can just buy a few of the 250ml and was told no because of my "unwillingness to follow the recommended directions."

So yea, sad I missed out on this wonderful product :rolleyes:

Back