Wynns Diesel Power 7

So, an interesting topic I found on another forum that I thought I'd share in here. The person has been having very frequent DPF regenerations due to his mostly short trips from what I can tell. He has used an OBD reader to track the last 35 DPF regenerations and the millage in between them.

He recently used "Wynns Diesel Power 7" which is the 3rd arrow on the chart. Interestingly there does seem to be an improvement in distance between regenerations which I could only assume is due to improved combustion / decreased soot production? The Wynns stuff he used was a full litre, cost around £50 (which is very high for an additive), but was only used over one tank meaning a very high concentration compared to a lot of other additives.

It's interesting to see the average move up so noticeably, specially considering that these last few weeks have actually been quite a bit colder which I'd think would lead to worse conditions for a DPF? (Cold starts, cooler DPF temps etc).

*Ignore the section about the Wynns turbo cleaner and DPF cleaner in the first sentence, this was talking about someone elses car*

1697746926379.png

In my diesel I average around 600 or so miles between DPF regenerations due to the extremely relaxed driving style and idea route that I drive to and from work on. It'd be interesting to see if this increased that millage average.

Here is a link to their website for the product if you fancy a read, there is an MSDS and TDS on there too. - https://www.wynns.eu/product/diesel-power-7-2/

Has anyone had any benefits from this product? It seems like it may have a genuine impact that improves the running of the car. Does anyone on here recognise any of the chemicals on the MSDS as something that would genuinely improve the running of any engine over a longer period than just the tank that it's used in?

Never used that but I've gone 2500 miles between active regens, though usually only 700-800 (no highway/interstate). There seems to be a cetane booster in there...

Never used that but I've gone 2500 miles between active regens, though usually only 700-800 (no highway/interstate). There seems to be a cetane booster in there...
I also can do much higher intervals between DPF regens. This person tracking his was doing lots of small journeys where the engine didn't get up to temperature that often. Definitely not ideal, so he's been looking for ways to reduce the frequency of them. It seems like this may have helped.
I'll keep an eye on his thread and see if it drops off again at all.

Back