Are all brand name gasolines equal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here is an update on BP in Whiting, Indiana. The city of Chicago is taking BP to federal court. The problem... BP needs to DUMP more of the chemical byproduct into lake Michigan. BP claims that it's 1/2 of 1 percent of federal guidelines and will have no affect on the lake. Chicago says "BP has made 30 Billion in profits and should send that money to build and update their treatment facilities to protect our fresh water supply".

Being on the Southeast side and a 15 minutes drive from Ind., and a 10 min bike from the beach, I will have to boycott BP.

Did someone mention "Environmentally FRIENDLY"???

Quote:

FWIW I generally prefer QT, Phillips/Conoco or Shell to non-name brand, Mobil or BP since QT controls the St. Louis market and everyone follows them almost to the penny. On the other hand I kind of resent a company that uses bright c-stores, cheap soda and lots of cops hanging around to build a semi-monopoly.

Hey don't complain!
smile.gif
Around here a local oil company has been slowly buying out the local c-store locations and then debranding them. They use their own gas with minimum additives, then raised the price, and now charge for credit.

---- for more. Additives matter long term.

I pass by two shell stations. One has premium on their street sign and the other has v-power. Is there a difference in the two or are they the same?

FWIW I filled on reg unleaded Marathon w/ the "STP" additives last fillup, 12 gallones into 16 gallon tank. Previous fill was BP reg unleaded.

I thibnk I can tell some difference, and the difference does not favor Marathon. Seems to have lost a little edge since filling w/ the Marathon.

I have the opposite on BP vs. Marathon. I get lower mpg with BP gas than Marathon and I average about the same with Marathon & Shell--2000 Dakota 3.9L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back