Best looking oil bottles in last 25 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Elf" and "Petronas"? Sinclair's oil, "Mellowed 80 Million Years"? All we get now are lines like "Liquid Engineering" and "Intelligent Molecules." Hmph.

i just like the tin cans more aswell instead of a plastic bottle, i remember the 70s and 80s the cans looked a lot better overall and had original eye catching designs, even the old school Mobil 1 cans look nice

Castrol is also making a few Classic oil tins

xl2050_uk_180x144_new.jpg

CastrolClassic2050.jpg

Now that's a blast from the past! Oil tins were very useful, and usually had a Castrol one for petrol. We had fuel rationing back in the '70's, and on a motorcycle ride we would make a fuel dump on the side of the road, just hide the tins, then fuel up on the way home.

That's what we need again, an oil container with a Royal Warrant. I believe Esso currently holds Her Majesty's Royal Warrant for automotive fuels and lubricants (Mobil), but there's certainly nothing on Canadian bottles. The should. After all, other products in Canada show the Royal Warrant markings where applicable.

Holy cow
smile.gif

Talk about having very little advertising or mumbo jumbo on there.. Very nice, unstated, and clean. Well done there SR5.

Originally Posted By: Garak
That's what we need again, an oil container with a Royal Warrant.

Yes I agree, I too saw that crest and liked it, a bit of old school class.

As bbhero said, clean and understated. Very nice.

If I would have thought of it earlier, I'd be hammering Imperial Oil to do special labeling for the Queen's birthday.
wink.gif
Realistically, if they're entitled to display the Royal Warrant, and labeling is done a bit different in Canada versus the U.S. anyhow, why not? It's not as commonly seen as before, but there are enough grocery items here with the warrant on them.

This has to one of the funniest threads of all time.

BITOG fantasising about oil jugs. Hmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

So which one is the winner ?

Lets arrange for it to become the face of next the macho magazine.

Last edited:
When I see those old oil cans it makes me reminisce about an old-timey garage that was in a small alley a couple of blocks from where I grew up. Looked like something you might see in a Norman Rockwell painting: dirt everywhere, old car parts hanging on the walls along with yellowed calendars, a spark plug cleaning machine, a battery charger that looked like it could light up Frankenstein, one hydraulic lift, shelves of oil cans, and Mr. Nichols wearing his greasy overalls and a driving cap who was always willing to stop what he was doing a show a kid how to fix a distributor, clean a carb, or adjust something on an old car. Unlike today, he would often fix stuff instead of replacing it. Alternator? Take it apart and rebuild it. Carburetors would be disassembled on old newspapers on the work bench. Great place that is long gone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: virginoil
Lets arrange for it to become the face of next the macho magazine.

Wayne Wilson should set a random one for each day on the front page, as our own Page 3 girl.

Originally Posted By: SR5
The new red Kendall oil bottles

Kendall_quart_GT-1_Endurance.png

I like those! I just wish that COP would find a way to better market its products and obtain retail shelf space.

PS...Happy Birthday!

I just saw these older posts i don't know which Oil jugs look the best but there are a few good ones however the ones that leak the most are the Sopus jugs especially the Pennzoil and Quaker state.. Its a shame because i liked Pennzoil and Quaker State oil i just don't like all the leaky jugs ,so im forced to us other oils.

True indeed crazyoildude. I am no fan of their leaking jugs either. I really liked the Mobil Super Synthetic 5 qt containers that DON'T leak. The Havoline 5 qt containers do leak as well as the older Castrol 5 qt containers. I hope the newer Castrol containers don't leak.

Mobil has great jugs they have the locking caps and the inner silver seal and they are always level with the correct amount of oil in them.. I am leery of any oil company that does not use the inner seal.. The inner seal helps prevent leakage and also makes sure nothing foreign gets into the jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back