Long Drain European Spec Synthetic Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was easy to identify which car is Euro or American or Japanese 30-40 years ago, but it is harder now.

Most Honda vehicles sold in America are designed/engineered and manufactured in America, are they American vehicles or Japanese vehicles ?

The new 2017 NSX is styled by American, designed and engineered by American, manufactured in Ohio by American workers. Are they American super car or they are Japanese car ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
It was easy to identify which car is Euro or American or Japanese 30-40 years ago, but it is harder now.

Most Honda vehicles sold in America are designed/engineered and manufactured in America, are they American vehicles or Japanese vehicles ?

The new 2017 NSX is styled by American, designed and engineered by American, manufactured in Ohio by American workers. Are they American super car or they are Japanese car ?

If the company is Japanese etc., the vehicle is considered Japanese, imho. Same thing goes for, American, German, Korean, Italian etc.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Many US passenge car engines sold in Europe tend to have long drain intervals recommended than here in the US - what is the easy spec or rating to look for on an synthetic oil jug that can meet the European long drain OCI ?

This tread went off topic almost at once.
My two cents is that longer drain intervals for cars in the EU are as much a function of the absurd cost of oil as they are of superior formulations.
You can buy oils here that meet these long-drain Euro specs and they may allow for longer drain intervals.
It may be that the drain intervals recommended for EU market vehicles will cause varnish and other engine deposits but not to an extent that engine life would be shortened by an unacceptable amount. I suspect that most European vehicles are retired long before their engines expire, just as is the case here.
If oil in the EU were priced like oil in the US, Euro market recommended OCIs would likely be in line with what's recommended here.

Many US passenge car engines sold in Europe tend to have long drain intervals recommended than here in the US - what is the easy spec or rating to look for on an synthetic oil jug that can meet the European long drain OCI ?

MB 229.5 spec.

For example m1 0w40 or Edge 0w40. Both come in 5qt jugs.

Originally Posted By: Olas
...Regarding you and your wife, if you have a baby on holiday is that baby of your nationality? Or of the country in which it was born?

Not a good corollary to use with your Yank friends, my good man. We've illegally delivered anchor babies and birthing 'tourists' by the millions.

Tracing manufacturing lineage and family trees is a bit more straightforward.
smile.gif

As a quick reference , which synthetic oils sold in the US are A3/B4 rated ?

As a quick reference , which synthetic oils sold in the US are A3/B4 rated ?

The ones i mentioned above, for example. Edge HM 10w40 also.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

In my eyes it's a Honda, therefore it's Japanese.

Originally Posted By: splinter
Originally Posted By: Olas
...Regarding you and your wife, if you have a baby on holiday is that baby of your nationality? Or of the country in which it was born?

Not a good corollary to use with your Yank friends, my good man. We've illegally delivered anchor babies and birthing 'tourists' by the millions.

Tracing manufacturing lineage and family trees is a bit more straightforward.
smile.gif

Fair point, but Chrisri is Croatian so its not offensive
wink.gif

T get back on track, a lot of the oil I buy (almost always 30 or 40) is A3/B4 and also lists 502/505, LL01, 229.5 and a Renault number I can't remember.
If you see A40 your golden.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
On other hand Bugatti is French only by name..

Automobiles Ettore Bugatti was a French car manufacturer, founded in 1909 in the then German city of Molsheim, Alsace by Italian-born Ettore Bugatti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back