gas additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Yamaha Ring Free Plus since new, about 6 years. I want to try Star Tron ring clean, it is a little cheaper and a lot easier to get. Anyone use it or know about it? I would think it is the same stuff.

Shell Premium is loaded with additives for sure.

We now use Archoil AR6200 additive for gas and diesel so we only need one product for all fuels.

I use REC90 with Yamaha ring free at the recomendation of a friend who happens to be a Yamaha mechanic for a large dealer. He told me to never use E10 if I did not have to, and I never have. I also always use Ring Free. Motor runs perfect. I was told that Star Tron ring clean is the same thing and I would use it if so because it is cheaper and easier to get. I have not seen a review in it or a comparison. I just wanted to see if anyone has used it. For now I have enough YRF left to fill a couple of thnks.

I don't think there would be any problem using E10 if you were going to burn most of it off under a fairly short period of time. May even get rid of a lot of water and other stuff. Long term storage could be a problem.

I was told to never use E10 and I do not. My mechanic told me if it screws up the injectors that with him doing it as a friend it would cost about $700 to clean up the mess. Another friend kept using E10 add plugged up an injector and ran the cyl lean and burned a piston, cost to repair $2500+. If you can find unleaded of any kind use it. Rec 90 is good but almost all new 4 strokes are OK using 87 octane. Besides you lose power using ethanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back