Old gas in 2024

IMO if it’s E0 and they will let you store it as is I do nothing. In the spring I’d fill it up and add some heat in case you have condensation.

Just my $0.02

Owning this boat lets you laugh at those other boaters having to spend big money filling up their gas tanks.

To the OP (I didn't read the rest of the thread)

I was in a similar situation-

I acquired a 2016 Ranger 190LS. It had been sitting for 2 years. The previous owner used only non-ethanol gas and said he put some Stabil in with every fill-up.

I didn't have to deal with nearly 50 gallons, but there was about 15 gallons in the tank. I pumped it out with a $7 HF transfer pump and some 1/2" OD clear tube. I pumped it into three 5-gallon gas jugs.

The gas was clear and smelled "good". I've always heard of bad gas "smelling", but this smelled just like fresh gas.

I've since put 10 of those 15 gallons in 3 of my vehicles and they are running fine. I put it on top of nearly full tanks, so it is diluted.

I suggest you find a way to pump it out and analyze it, maybe pour some in a clear jar and let it sit for an hour. If it smells like normal gas and is clear after sitting, I think you'd be fine burning it in a normal vehicle.

Beats taking it to a shop where on every visit you have to,

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand
I already busted out a thousand for a small laptop, Diacom software and adapter. Basically OBDII for a boat. Prefer to keep my main patio away from salt water. But I can tell everything about the engine now.

Beats taking it to a shop where on every visit you have to,

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

People that have no interest in boating, fishing or being on the water need not comment about the cost of owning/operating a boat.

The ONLY people who post crap like you did above are those people.

Some people enjoy a boat. If you buy a piece of crap go-kart, you're going to spend a fortune making it right. If you buy a piece of crap commuter car, you're going to have to spend money making it run and more than likely, keeping it running.

The same goes for a boat. If you buy a new or well-maintained boat, it's probably going to be fine.

The same goes for a boat. If you buy a new or well-maintained boat, it's probably going to be fine.
My 16’ aluminum boat and 4hp motor are both over 65 years old and work fine.

Combined with some oars it works fine on the thousands of little lakes here.

Bad gas, np the carb can actually be cleaned up.

Around here Spending big money isn’t needed if you aren’t water skiing, grilling, sleeping in the boat or going onto a gigantic body of water like an ocean or trying to “boat across the states riverways”

I have a 1997 Sea Ray 230 Bow Rider with a 7.4L / Bravo III. Put in new upholstery and it would look like some brand-new, old boat. It's in great condition. The upholstery has only a few spots where it's starting to separate at the seams. I spend about $700/year on annual maintenance and winterization, $150 on Summerization. I think I'm going to skip all that this year, as it was skipped until early March of 2023 for the 2022 season.... Labor issues I guess. I dropped nearly a quart of Stabil in the gas tank 3 weeks ago with 20 gallons of fresh fuel and ran it for 3-4 hours that day.

Point being, it has been taken care of for 26 years, has been serviced and stored inside. I spend nearly 20% of the boat's current value on storage and upkeep annually, but it runs great, looks great and I hope to have it many more years.

That's $300 worth of gas! Siphon it out into a jug and use it,give it away.
Boats have an anti-siphon valve in the gas tank for the fuel line in cause there is a crack or hole in the gas line and you don't want all the gas siphoning into the bilge.

I would need a pump. Preferably an electric one. That would be 10 to 15 five gallon containers I would to fill in the boat and carry off my boat to my truck.

So the engine ran fine on the existing fuel in late July. The fuel degrading is a chemical reaction and will not degrade much more between now and the spring with the cold weather.

Maybe dump in more marine Stabil and hope for the best.

I would bet the fuel since it was initially teated will be fine to use next season. 50 gallons will last longer than 5 gallons.

Boats have an anti-siphon valve in the gas tank for the fuel line in cause there is a crack or hole in the gas line and you don't want all the gas siphoning into the bilge.

I would need a pump. Preferably an electric one. That would be 10 to 15 five gallon containers I would to fill in the boat and carry off my boat to my truck.

I have a 2016 Ranger. Like I said, I pumped out 15 gallons of gas. I did have to remove the fiberglass panel over the gas tank and I took the filler hose off the neck of the tank to assist in getting my 1/2" OD tube into the tank, but otherwise, I didn't run into any anti-siphon valve. I pushed the 1/2" tubing down from the filler cap on the side of the boat.

He gets the gas. Not enough?

You haven't dealt with many people of "the general public" lately, have you?

I sold a like-new 3-person tent yesterday via FB Marketplace. I had it listed for $50, the guy was negotiating hard for $30. I stood firm on $40 and countered every concern he pushed forward for his justification for $30. He agreed to $40. We agreed on a meet time, place, etc.

I showed up 1-2 minutes early, the tent was just like I described and he was happy. Sent me a message 2 hours later that he had put the tent up as a practice run, it went just like I explained and he thanked me for the smooth transaction and said that he wished every FB Marketplace transaction was like this.

My point? Dealing with people you don't know, trying to get them to show up and do something you are asking for doesn't really happen that often.

Good luck, please be sure to follow up and let us know how it goes.

You haven't dealt with many people of "the general public" lately, have you?

I sold a like-new 3-person tent yesterday via FB Marketplace. I had it listed for $50, the guy was negotiating hard for $30. I stood firm on $40 and countered every concern he pushed forward for his justification for $30. He agreed to $40. We agreed on a meet time, place, etc.

I showed up 1-2 minutes early, the tent was just like I described and he was happy. Sent me a message 2 hours later that he had put the tent up as a practice run, it went just like I explained and he thanked me for the smooth transaction and said that he wished every FB Marketplace transaction was like this.

My point? Dealing with people you don't know, trying to get them to show up and do something you are asking for doesn't really happen that often.

Good luck, please be sure to follow up and let us know how it goes.
I kicked the can down the road a bit and had the boat detailed. Ignoring the gas situation. The glare off the hull is almost blinding. The marina has a guy that does detailing and other yard work. But night and day between what the marina detailer does and a guy whose business is detailing.

Back