Oil Change Marathon Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a day! My cousin and (3) friends did (6) OCI's today! And, I lost my phone in the oil container!
shocked.gif

We did (2) old school F150's (85 and 89), a 99 Mustang, a 96 Grand Marquis, a 93 Toyota Corolla, and an 01 Malibu. We used all of the FrankenBrew oil we made, plus, an additional (3) 5 qt. containers of WMST 10W30 oil. We had all of the oil filters we needed from the donations and still have quite a few left over for future OCI's!
When we changed the GM's oil it actually came out in clumps at first! My cousin used a 7018 welding rod, less the flux, to poke in the drain hole to get it to finally flow oil! After he was finished with it I wanted to take a pic of the oil. My phone slipped from my hands and into the oil!
mad.gif

When the complex mgr. found out what had happened she called her brother, whom is a WM mgr. at the Pineville, La. WM, and he brought me a new phone after he got off of work, NO CHARGE! I got it all set up again with Verizon and it is currently charging up. Remember how I said God sees all? Well, this is proof positive!
wink.gif

One of the tenants we did an OCI for (99 Mustang) made all of us some roast beef po-boys. C'est si bon, Ma Sha'!
All in all, it was a great day. We were hugged, kissed, hugged some more, kissed, hands shook, etc. It felt SO good to leave from that complex knowing you did such a minor thing in your eyes, yet, in their eyes, you gave them what seems to them, as the world! All I can say is, my heart gets bigger every time we do an OCI for someone that is less fortunate! God Is Good!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Wow. Don't hurt yourself, patting your self on the back....

I didn't do any of the work. I can't! My cousin and our friends did all of the labor. I did the gopher work for the additional oil we needed.
smile.gif

Wait a minute! Are you being sarcastic? If you are, you have this whole situation wrong! I think you should go back and read some of my posts from weeks to months ago, then you will see why we do what we do!
It's people like you that judge a book by its cover, because you are too lazy to read said book! SMH!

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

Wait a minute! Are you being sarcastic? If you are, you have this whole situation wrong! I think you should go back and read some of my posts from weeks to months ago, then you will see why we do what we do!
It's people like you that judge a book by its cover, because you are too lazy to read said book! SMH!

He obviously doesn't get it, or is not familiar with the situation and good will involved.

Well done! Sorry about your phone. Have you used up all the stash yet?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

He obviously doesn't get it, or is not familiar with the situation and good will.

Well done! Sorry about your phone. Have you used up all the stash yet?

When you say stash, are you referring to the oil or filters? We still have boo koo filters left and a little bit of misc. oil. We are caught up on all of the OCI's, for now.
There is a new tenant moving into the vacant apt. that was recently left empty. God Bless Her soul! We will see if they have a vehicle and if we can help out in any way.
Thanks Kuato, and everyone else, that has replied to this post.
smile.gif

Why do people not stop to think about what acronyms stand for? OCI - Oil Change Interval. If you're doing an oil change, the "Interval" portion does not apply.

Originally Posted By: fsdork
Why do people not stop to think about what acronyms stand for? OCI - Oil Change Interval. If you're doing an oil change, the "Interval" portion does not apply.

I understand. Maybe I should just state LOF?
smile.gif

Nice work BOF.

It would have been very satisfying to get fresh oil into that GM car that was draining chunks.

Hello,
I know your name but I do not know your work. Are these people in the complex poor?
Sounds like you filled your karma cistern.

Whatever the reason, you're doing a good service. I can tell, for example, if someone had detected, or was told about, a mechanical issue you and your friends could explain it to them.
Even if a trip to a mechanic was required, the person wouldn't feel alone or ripped off.

Once I just happened to have my code reader with me when I overheard 2 ladies talking about a CEL. I offered to read and erase the codes. After I did that I wrote out what each code MIGHT MEAN.

She took it to her mechanic with a theretofore unfamiliar confidence. She was grateful.

I do hope you stressed the importance of oil changes to the GM owner. Chunky oil = NO GOOD. Kira

ps Just for giggles...list your filter stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back