2013 Chevy Silverado 1500 Oil Pressure Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mechanic replaced the oil pressure sensor and the screen below it on my 2013 Silverado 1500 (5.3 liter) after the check engine light came on saying the oil pressure sensor had an issue. He removed the intake and inspected everything while he was doing it. The check engine light came back on after about 20 minutes of driving. He cleared the code again and I got 20 more minutes in before the check engine light came back on again. I'm taking it back to the garage tomorrow. Any ideas what's going on with this thing? I haven't gotten any low oil warnings or shutdown warnings and the pressure gauge holds pretty steady at 25ish pounds. I'm stumped and [censored] that a 3 year old truck can have this many problems. I'm 1800 miles out of my bumper to bumper warranty.

Last edited:
It could be a wiring issue, i really don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a defective new part, it happens way too often today.

Do you happen to have a pf48e filter on your truck? Have seen many of those filters cause low oil pressure.

Calmly but strongly voice your opinion to a gm service manager.
Explain the issue you are only 1800 miles out.
If your chevy manager is a dweeb. Try the GMC dealer manager
I bet some manager would help out and fix it. You might get the phrase
"I can only help you out this time" you smile nod and get it fixed for free.
That being said I hope the mechanic that worked on it didnt bugger anything up.
If he did you might be on the hook for any damage.
Another thing some things may be covered under powertrain but i dont know what is and isnt.

Suspect the oil filter. This is a very recent problem. The local gm dealer has been selling the pf48 performance filter to solve the most recent pressure issues. We'll see, we have a few out there where we just stuck on a Napa proselect filter to replace the pf48e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back