P0550 and P0021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had the codes pulled for a CEL in my 02 I35. P0550 is a faulty PS pressure sensor and P0021 is the crank- and/or camshaft sensors. I did some research and it seems the crank- and camshaft sensors were recalled in these cars back in 2003. When I bought this car in 2012, all the recalls were up-to-date so it could be the recalled sensors the dealer replaced went bad again. I'm going to call the local Infiniti stealership tomorrow and try to get this taken care of on their dime. If I don't get anywhere with them, anyone know how easy is it to replace the sensors on my own? This is a VQ35 engine BTW.

Regarding the P0550, the pressure sensor is luckily in a very accessible place right near the pass. side strut tower and high pressure PS hose. Nissans of this era are prone to leaky high pressure lines so it could be PS fluid dripping onto the sensor damaged it. Will further inspect that tomorrow.

Funny thing is car runs great right now.

Last edited:
If there are no recalls good luck getting the dealership or as you refer to them the stealership to fix your car for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back