How often do you wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Phoenix, so the paint on my car takes an especialy harsh beating from the elements, at least in the summer.

I try to wax/seal my car every 2-3 months (Collinite 845 or Megs NXT 2.0), and then spray the car down with a good spray wax (Megs Ultimate Quik, Turtle Wax as U dry, Eagle1 Wax as U dry, etc..) after every wash, which happens every weekend, when possible.

So far, so good.

I have better things to do with my weekends. And I guess I'm not distracted by shiny things.
Currently about 2 years since a wax. Wash? Sometime last year.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
I have better things to do with my weekends. And I guess I'm not distracted by shiny things.

Dude... wash your car.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon

Dude... wash your car.

Guy-dude-bro... get a life and safe some water while you're at it
wink.gif

(actually one reason I'd dread a new car - I'd feel obligated to take good care of the paint)

Every season - clay bar, correction if needed, sealant, wax, wash weekly, Sonax BSD after wash.

Then why the F*** are you on a detail forum if you are lazy don't give a s*** about your car?

As I've gotten older...the desire to always have a perfectly clean and clayed car is not what it used to be.

I clay/cleaner wax/top-coat about twice a year. Orbital buffer applied...hand buff off.

Not fun...pretty much hate doing it. But the results are still worth it.

Originally Posted By: Lapham3
Wax once a year with Turtle ICE these days

Surely you Jest!
33.gif

2000 caddy original owner washed & vacuumed 3 times a week waxed every two weeks 345,000 miles interior looks just as good as outside . Mobil 1 every 3 months . Never Garaged.

DSC_0089.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Malo83
Originally Posted By: Lapham3
Wax once a year with Turtle ICE these days

Surely you Jest!
33.gif

What? Do you have issues with the frequency? Or the choice of wax?

I wax about two or three times a year.

I just recently went from Turtle Wax Ice paste, to Meguiar's NXT 2.0 liquid. Mixed reviews. While the NXT seems to show off the metal flake in the black paint, it doesn't repel water near as well as the Ice. I'm thinking I still need to find something different.

I used to wax four times a year when I had a car without clear coat paint (white) that was parked outside during the day. Now that I have a car with contemporary paint (also white) that is in a parking garage at work and my garage at home once a year actually seems to be enough.

I often joke about the fact that the parking garage is the thing I like best (perhaps the only thing I like) about my job. Wiper blades last a lot longer, too.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
Wondering how many times a year/how long do you go between waxing your vehicle? I use turtle wax super hard shell, and plan to do it once a month (every 4th wash). A bit excessive?

lawman1909,

I think it would depend if your car is garaged or parked on the street. If it's outside in the elements then I would wax the car once every two months instead of every month.

My two cars is garaged so I wax mine down every 3-4 months.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back