How often do you wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wax once a year using Klasse All-in-One followed by a coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Since those are acrylic sealants and not carnauba wax they last much, much longer between applications (and give a great shine!).

Frequent re-applications of hand wax are a waste of time. Most of the spray products will come close in durability....if you really want a carnauba type product.

I do a one step correction and apply CarPro's CQuartz UK about every 18-24 months.

As long as my wife waxes regularly, I'm happy
smile.gif

2-3 times a year tops. When I was younger and more energetic I did it more often. I keep my vehicles clean and don't see much of a difference.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Clay bar and wax once in the spring and once in the fall.

Pretty much this.

Same here, with washings every 2-3 weeks as needed. Anyone not caring for the finish either manually or via the fancy car wash places is not doing their vehicles good. Finishes do need some care.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Clay bar and wax once in the spring and once in the fall.

Pretty much this.

Same

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I use wash-and-wax, so it gets waxed as I wash. I probably wash the cars once or twice a year.

Just to clarify for those who may not know, wash and wax products usually last about a week tops, if that.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I use wash-and-wax, so it gets waxed as I wash. I probably wash the cars once or twice a year.

Just to clarify for those who may not know, wash and wax products usually last about a week tops, if that.

+1

I typically rinse my vehicles off once a week and just use meguiars ultimate spray wax once a month. I like the beading and the MGSW seems to keep the beading strong until I feel like going down to the car wash to strip off the wax.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

True on the wash-and-wax in one products. Longevity really depends on the products used. The Klasse AIO I use is not a "wax" but a sealant with a much longer application life. I'm getting about a year's protection and beading with a coat of Klasse AIO followed immediately by a coat of Klasse Sealant Glaze in harsh New England weather. Great stuff!

I wax/detail both of our cars twice a year (Spring & Fall), and typically use a spray wax after 2-3 car washes just to maintain things.

I Nanoskin/polish/sealant every Spring and Fall. Then do another sealant mid summer and mid winter. The sealant gets stripped off the rear hatch really quick on my car. It's the nature of the beast on a hatchback. My paint still pops after 5 years.

photo4_zps32ffb1aa.jpg

I've had great luck with zaino once a year with their spray sealant after each wash. Takes no more than five minutes to do.

I used to do it every 2-3 months but I'm losing interest in keeping vehicles perfect. I'd rather spend time working on other things.

My new truck will probably get a coat of nufinish once a year.

weather permitting once a month. In the winter, I use Collinite in the late fall, and then can't wax for the next 2-4 months. I will use rinseless car wash in the winter when there is a short break in the weather. I want my car to look new until I finish paying it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back