Pennzoil ultra platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Autozone in my area is having a sale on pennzoil ultra platinum up to 5 quarts with filter for 34.9. Not site if it's the same in all areas seems to be a decent deal to me. Picked up 30 quarts.

advertised in the circular as a $2 upcharge from the PP deal.

But unfortunately, in my area, autozone stopped carrying Ultra since the pureplus switchover. only PP.

He didn't get hosed, it's just an average deal, but he didn't get an awesome deal either. There's just no need to be buying 30quarts unless he needs to use that in the next few months.

For example:
Amazon has 6packs of ultra with a new $7 coupon+Pennzoil $5 coupon+fram ultra filter.
so 6quarts+fram ultra filter is 48-7-5=36.25 for 6quarts+filter.

Pepboys has a 35% off $150 of regular price items. So if you buy that much PUP at their rack rate, 35% off gets you the same price as an oil change special, without getting filters you may not want.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: raytseng
He didn't get hosed, it's just an average deal, but he didn't get an awesome deal either. There's just no need to be buying 30quarts unless he needs to use that in the next few months.

For example:
Amazon has 6packs of ultra with a new $7 coupon+Pennzoil $5 coupon+fram ultra filter.

Pepboys has a 35% off $150 of regular price items. So if you buy that much PUP at their rack rate, 35% off gets you the same price as an oil change special, without getting filters you may not want.

Average deal = HOSED

Awesome deal = NOT HOSED

I got filters I wanted plus Amazon at least what I saw I couldn't get it for less than 45 bucks for 5 quarts and it's almost impossible to find the stuff anywhere else

I am glad you at least found the Pennzoil Ultra. My auto zone doesn't sell any of it. I found it at Walmart 45 min away. 5 qt for 29.45 and that was total with tax included. So with a Fram Ultra it would be $38 plus. I didn't need a filter when I got the PU.
So you got a pretty decent deal. Not great but good. It's not very often finding many great deals. I will take good deals every day and twice on Sunday than paying regular prices for anything.

I hope you spaced out your AZ purchase,spending at least $20 each day for at least 5 different days. With the AZ Rewards card that would get you $20 for every $100 spent to be used on anything at AZ making your deal even better

Right exactly. I already had plenty of filters for the car this stuff is going in, so the filters I got with the oil are going to my fiances car so it was a win win. And I understand it wasn't the best deal but if I run that oil out i've got more than a few years for my cruze with all that, plus the unnecessary amount of formula shell syn blend I got for free from my old work my stash is sitting pretty. I'm a SOPUS guy by trade, I've never had any issues with it. But I did pick up the old GTX syn blend from a few oreilly's for 1.97 a quart, so I was able to find about 10 quarts of that cheap.

This is the reason to stock up when you find sales like AZ had last Dec.
A buck a qt for this same oil.
Big difference
I don't know why you would buy 30 qts at the current price.

Because I've literally never saw it any cheaper anywhere else. And in my particular area I'd pay close to double that, and thats if it was even available. Which most of the time it is not.

I have a curious question for you there captain.. Which filters did you get ?? With your PUP ??

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Originally Posted By: raytseng

For example:

Average deal = HOSED

Awesome deal = NOT HOSED

I disagree.

Paying full retail is HOSED
on sale NOT HOSED
buck a quart no hose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back