Risilone review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a bottle of the risilone engine treatment on my 03 f250 5.4 due to excessive start up clatter every time I start the truck. I tried several different brand oil filters thinking it was a drain back valve issue but the noise persisted regardless of the filter used. Within a few hundred miles of adding the risilone the noise is completely gone. My question is should I change the oil and filter or let the risilone in for the duration of the oil change. I usually use motorcraft 5w-20 and a motorcraft filter and change it roughly every 5000 miles. Thanks

It says on the bottle you can use it in place of a quart of oil for an entire interval. Get a UOA done when you change it to see how much thicker or thinner it made the oil.

Leave it in for the interval.

I'd consider a better oil if any additive could make that much of a difference.

A guy I work with was recently asking me about additives to quiet a ticking Dodge Neon engine.

I told him Rislone is supposed to be good at stopping top-end ticks. He bought a bottle to try.

Came back to thank me a week later...said the engine is perfectly smooth and quiet now.

FWIW.

RET is about a 10W20 but if it cleaned up a lifter tick or whatever I would at least change the filter since it dislodged and dispersed some carbon and crud from somewhere.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
A guy I work with was recently asking me about additives to quiet a ticking Dodge Neon engine.

I told him Rislone is supposed to be good at stopping top-end ticks. He bought a bottle to try.

Came back to thank me a week later...said the engine is perfectly smooth and quiet now.

FWIW.

Imagine that.
wink.gif
That sure beats tearing into an engine!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back