What filter for 2007 IS250?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

What's the best oil filter I can use on my 2007 IS250 with 130,000 kms running Redline 5w-30 GP5?

Cheers

"Best" is hard to quantify. What is available to you?

The Amsoil, Fram Ultra, Bosch D+, and Royal Purple filters are all high quality.

I have no idea what is best but I'd still look for original Lexus/Toyota oil filters. Bought a box of 10 for my LS.

There isn't much available in terms of variety over here in Australia. Retailers don't stock or sell Amsoil, Royal Purple, Fram etc. You can only find them on eBay and they go for around $30-$50 AUD. I can get my hands on K&N Pro Series filters for $15 though..

Last edited:
There is a TRD oil filter that fits your car. Call a Toyota dealership and see what they cost.

I don't know much about the K&N Pro Series. Sorry.

Toyota over here in Australia don't have it listed on their inventory. They said they've never stock any TRD performance parts
frown.gif

Also, it doesn't seem as though Fram have a Ultra filter for my 2007 LExus IS250, only ToughGuard and ExtraGuard..

Rather than us guessing what's there for you to pick from, how about you tell us what filters ARE available, and we'll help you select one ...

I'll give you a quick hint: It's not like Toy engines are that finicky for filtration, given the OEM filters is nearly sieve-like.

Last edited:
I'd be comfortable with the Wix or OEM, although I'd rather purchase them from a retail store or dealership to avoid counterfeit potential.

If you had to choose, Wix or OEM Toyota? Both can be purchased locally.

The OEM Toyota is lighter in color compared to the darker Wix, would there be a reason behind this? Both are non-synthetic right?

Last edited:
I believe both are cellulose. The Wix looks good to me, and I'd probably pick whichever is less expensive locally.

Don't worry about the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back