Cadillac ATS 2.0T - Three Oil Filters C&P

Finally got around to cutting open three filters I've used on the ATS 2.0T. The ATS currently has 130,000 KMs and runs like new.

First Pic: Left: Champion COS10575, Right: Champion COS10590
Second Pic: ACDelco PF64

My favorite of the three is the COS10590. Most media, most consistently spaced, big upgrade in media surface area compared to OEM. I purchased the Champion's on closeout several years ago and have 6 more to get through. Very impressed with these filters.

All three filters have the similar mileage ~7-8k KMs.... or 5k miles.

IMG_0878.jpeg
IMG_0889.jpeg

The ACDelco is interesting. It has the Champ Labs thread end bypass that some M1 filters used to use. Don't see it much now on Champ filters. Also, the compression spring used, has served as a clicker type bypass on Champ Labs made lowest tier filters.

Thanks for c&p.

I stopped using AC Delco years ago after some issues I had. I see they still have a basic nitrile ADV so still no reason to use them in my opinion. Those other filters look much better.

Finally got around to cutting open three filters I've used on the ATS 2.0T. The ATS currently has 130,000 KMs and runs like new.

First Pic: Left: Champion COS10575, Right: Champion COS10590
Second Pic: ACDelco PF64

My favorite of the three is the COS10590. Most media, most consistently spaced, big upgrade in media surface area compared to OEM. I purchased the Champion's on closeout several years ago and have 6 more to get through. Very impressed with these filters.

All three filters have the similar mileage ~7-8k KMs.... or 5k miles.

View attachment 195001View attachment 195002
Great photos and write up. What oil was used? Thank You

I stopped using AC Delco years ago after some issues I had. I see they still have a basic nitrile ADV so still no reason to use them in my opinion. Those other filters look much better.
Same, this filter came with my last "free service" by the dealer. I've had two ACDelco's blow holes in my past due to uneven and shoddy pleating. While this one held up, a plastic cage style inner core could have made it #3.
1704206935293.jpeg

I don't like black nitrile ADBV's as they are usually stiff when checked after running
Agreed, and this one was no different. Stiff and hard (especially in the cold) compared to the silicon ADBV's on the others. Huge difference in pliability.

Back