Benefits of Running a Larger Oil Filter? (Cold starts etc)

Yes but that's a whole other story. The little 4967 vs 3600 gives 2 whole inches in height and maybe 1/4 " in OD. I'm thinking this would help a 3.9 qt. capacity sump a bit especially a longer drain.
Would only really add a few ounces of oil due to the larger filter. It can't hurt, but not going to make or break the situation.

I like it because of the media area increase, it is pretty significant on a 3600 versus a 3614. Getting the whole 6 quarts in versus 5 7/8’s is nice too.

Yes but that's a whole other story. The little 4967 vs 3600 gives 2 whole inches in height and maybe 1/4 " in OD. I'm thinking this would help a 3.9 qt. capacity sump a bit especially a longer drain.

I bet its probably double the height, here is a comparison of 2 Toyota YZZN1 media stacked next to a FS3600.

Should've kept that old XG4967 years ago to cut open after use, wire backed ones are harder to find compared to the FS3600, I'd imagine the difference is comparable to the pic here.

Would only really add a few ounces of oil due to the larger filter. It can't hurt, but not going to make or break the situation.
You're probably right. Though maybe I'll run the 3600 with the extra media for the longer runs that I like to do. Thanks.

You're probably right. Though maybe I'll run the 3600 with the extra media for the longer runs that I like to do. Thanks.
If you have the option to run a larger filter, then why not. Only very slight risk is if the filter causes any damage from a failure, there won't be any recourse.

Back