Brake & go-pedal covers for '11 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week I received my GM sport-style brake and accelerator pedal covers, and installed them this weekend.

and

It was cramped quarters down there, even after I moved the driver's seat back. On the other hand, the old ones (well, one; see below) came off without trouble.

The instructions for the new pedals say to spray some water on the backing, so they will slip on better. I used some 303 Aerospace Protectant. You pull off the rubber pedal cover to reveal a thin metal plate. The new one goes over that plate. I used my fingers to work the lip of the new rubber over the plate. There wasn't room to deploy a screwdriver.

Here's the weird thing: I had no rubber accelerator pedal cover! Now I presume Regals don't come like that from the factory. My guess is that the dealer, when they tried to put my Park Avenue's pedal adapter in place for me, pulled off the old rubber pedal; found the PA adapter wouldn't fit; and left the go-pedal plate as it was. For five months I've been driving this car with only a smooth metal plate for my right foot! No wonder it felt strange. The metal-and-black pedal is much better, as is the brake pedal.

I think gm quit putting anything on the gas peddals. My truck and my wife's last cabd and current car have nothing. Just a plastic pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back