Bad year with the deer.

Maybe we'll need to adapt with "roo bars" over here.

Elk are a different story but it's possible to put a front bumper on a truck that can negate 90% of damage in most deer collisions.

Maybe we'll need to adapt with "roo bars" over here.

Elk are a different story but it's possible to put a front bumper on a truck that can negate 90% of damage in most deer collisions.
wait until they are banned because they arent pedestrian friendly... oh wait they are (in some countries)

Reactions: D60
My wife has hit few, I've only ever hit one. My son hit one last fall in his 2014 Silverado, didn't really seem that bad but the airbags all deployed, truck was totalled with over $18,000 in repairs quoted, and least partially due to the lack of availability of replacement air bags/seat belt pretensioners. Insurance company said they had customer waiting over 6 months for repairs due to lack of parts.
My mom has had bad luck with them also over the years, she once hit one on the way home from the body shop after having the car fixed from the last deer hit, that was pre cellphone days.

• Wow
Reactions: JTK
Hit one a week ago on my way home from work :mad:. It was a small one and only got the bumper and the grill. So 2 deer and and trss limbs and a fallen tree that have got this truck since i got in 2017. I swear its cursed

It happened yet again last week. My daughter hit a deer in her 2016 Chevy Malibu. It busted up all the bumper/fascia plastic is all. No headlamp damage or structure damage. Trying to get some prices together on replacement parts.. Oh the joys of 4 vehicles under my name. I still haven't fixed my 2022 Frontier.

I've had close encounters with them over the years living out in a wooded area. Oddly enough *knock on wood* I haven't seen many while on the road this year, but I have seen a ton of them just walking around during mid day, which seems strange.

Back