TruFuel - is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Real Men mix the oil. I could never bring myself to buy Pre-mixed gas for 5 times the price. Lazy takes a new meaning.

you could buy 4 stroke true fuel and mix oil into it if that would make your weenie look bigger.

Last edited:
I bought a few cans. I have 4 pieces of Stihl equipment. I have a few if the 5 off 5 coupons from the Oreillys promotion, so they only cost me $1.61 a can(quart). I'll give it a try. $6.44 a gallon does seem high to me for gas, but since I don't use much, what the [censored]. I definately would NOT pay full price for it though.

Sounds like snake fuel to me...

you can always get fuel stabilizer on big bottles or bulk and run forever.

If you can get non ethanolated fuel why bother with products like this?

Unless its significantley cheaper, I dont see why this company even exists.

Last edited:
I mix an oily 32:1 and use it in 3 different 2 strokes. I mix a gallon at a time and use it until it runs out. About a year usually. 87 octane E10 and Valvoline universal dino. The oil acts as a preservative and I keep the jug out of direct sun. I also use the fuel shut off and add a little MMO at every fillup. My stuff starts easily and runs well. How much better is whatever you use?

At Lowe's Trufuel cost $6 a qt. No it's not worth it $24 a gal. I'll just use Ams Saber and a little StaBil for the weed wacher.

Originally Posted By: tig1
At Lowe's Trufuel cost $6 a qt. No it's not worth it $24 a gal. I'll just use Ams Saber and a little StaBil for the weed wacher.

AM saber isn't worth it. I'll stick to my Stihl oil

Last edited:
Real Men mix the oil. I could never bring myself to buy Pre-mixed gas for 5 times the price. Lazy takes a new meaning.

Hahahahahaaaaaaa

You are almost too funny to ignore, But not quite enough.

When was the last time your soft little hands held a chainsaw?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
I bought a few cans. I have 4 pieces of Stihl equipment. I have a few if the 5 off 5 coupons from the Oreillys promotion, so they only cost me $1.61 a can(quart). I'll give it a try. $6.44 a gallon does seem high to me for gas, but since I don't use much, what the [censored]. I definately would NOT pay full price for it though.
You can't beat that. That's about what it costs to mix up E0. $4.50ish/gal + $1.50-2.00 for a little bottle of oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Vikas
real men don't use chainsaw; they break the wood with their bare hands.
Ax FTW.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Hahahahahaaaaaaa

You are almost too funny to ignore, But not quite enough.

When was the last time your soft little hands held a chainsaw?

If buying trufuel makes sense to you, then you probably aren't getting alot of calluses from running a saw either... 1 can is basically 1 tank in my saw, never mind the lawnboy.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: tig1

AM saber isn't worth it. I'll stick to my Stihl oil

OK

If you like pulling a rope a lot, tinkering with snake oil, adjusting carbs, rebuilding carbs, then truefuel, stihl fuel, etc is not worth the extra dollar.

If you value time, then yes, it's worth it.

Remember, the main positive characteristics of truefuel is there in stihl motomix and other alkylate based gas too that you may buy cheaper in bulk and simpler packaging.

Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: Vikas
real men don't use chainsaw; they break the wood with their bare hands.
Ax FTW.

Back to the important testosterone competition here.

A good beaver is best at handling the wood. (Minds out of the gutter, gentlemen. Wishing a good weekend to all).
animals-beaver-buck_teeth-woodcutters-cut_down_trees-chop_down_trees-wpa0333l.jpg

It's definitely a matter of quantity. One can of Trufuel fills my Husqvarna 460 Rancher tank twice. I'm not cutting firewood anymore because I went to wood pellets, so my 2-stroke consumption is way down. I only use the trimmer a few times during the summer, the cultivator once, and the leaf blower probably twice.

A couple of cans should work for the summer, and not having to struggle to start everything in the spring makes it worth the $12 for two quarts.

Even I was still cutting firewood, I'd fill the chainsaw's tank with Trufuel at the end of the season and run it for a while before putting it away for the winter. If a tree comes down during an ice storm, knowing that it'll start right up is worth the cost.

Tu-fuel was never ment for people that burn gallons of mix a day. It is meant for people that a gallon of mix lasts a year.

Two stroke equipment seams to be getting pickier on gas with the way they are tuned nowadays. Some of it is so picky that no amount of stabilizer will make it like month old gas.

It isn't lazyness. It is for Jo blow home owners that wants his saw to run once a year and then let it set till next year.

Recently ran the Echo backpack blower and Echo weedwhacker out of fuel, then put in a can each of 40:1 TruFuel. I can't tell any difference from idle to full throttle.
So to me, its not worth it. My California weather doesn't allow me to store my OPE for months so they get regular use most of the year. Maybe if I stored the equipment, then that would be different, maybe.
So after using up the TruFuel, back to using Echo 2-stroke oil and pump gas. I just wanted to try it.

I also saw (but didn't buy) TruFuel 4-stroke. I was tempting to buy/try it for the Honda HRX mower, but I go through the gas on it. Two 2-gallon cans don't last long. But in the fall, just in case we have a long wet winter, I do add some Stabil (the blue marine stuff) in the gas just in case it has to sit longer than planned. I also add the blue Stabil to another fuel can for the inverter generator because it doesn't get used much. I'll run the generator monthly for an hour or so loaded if its not used for anything else.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Recently ran the Echo backpack blower and Echo weedwhacker out of fuel, then put in a can each of 40:1 TruFuel. I can't tell any difference from idle to full throttle.

Why were you expecting a "Difference" ?

That is not what TruFuel is about at all.

18.gif
18.gif

Many if not most of my area Fire Departments in my county are running VPracing Small Engine Fuel in their rescue equipment as that who it was originally engineered for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back