TruFuel - is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jhellwig
Tu-fuel was never ment for people that burn gallons of mix a day. It is meant for people that a gallon of mix lasts a year.

+1

I go through a quart or two of mix a year. I might pick TruFuel up, just for the convenience of it.

When I mix small quantities on my own, it's tough to get the ratio right because you're dealing with such small amounts of oil. A little too little or a little too much, and your ratio ends up being way off.

Originally Posted By: Samf333
why the blue stabil

why the thread hijack? there are two stabilizers one for ethanol laced gas.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: Samf333
why the blue stabil

why the thread hijack? there are two stabilizers one for ethanol laced gas.

There are three. Red normal. Blue marine and another red ment for ethanol.

Even stabilizers aren't enough though.

I actually do use chainsaws, two at a time one in each hand. You do know, you can buy "Real" gas at marina's and most states have gas stations that still sell non-ethanol. I have too many pieces of two stroke equipment, so I share fuel and I always have two stroke pre-mix on hand. Still, I can not warrant, even if all I had was one homely little weed whacker, to pay for pre-mix gas. All it takes is a Betty Crocker measuring cup and quart of two stroke. Not rocket science and It gives you a sense of accomplishment. Plus how can you try out all the flavors of two stroke oils out their for the aroma.

Heh heh, My 39 yr old Stihl has never been "put away". I've run it on 2 yr old mix back when it was my only 2 stroke. It can see use at any time. Mix oil seems to have something that keeps the fuel fresh. I don't use stabilizers. I do mix oily and I add MMO into the tanks of all my OPE. That is just my observation, nothing scientific. I know E10 is bad for my old stuff. I suffered with what it did to a carb when sitting. MMO in small quantities or 2 stroke oil in even smaller doses will keep them going. You guys are way over thinking this.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: Vikas
real men don't use chainsaw; they break the wood with their bare hands.
Ax FTW.

Back to the important testosterone competition here.

A good beaver is best at handling the wood. (Minds out of the gutter, gentlemen. Wishing a good weekend to all).
animals-beaver-buck_teeth-woodcutters-cut_down_trees-chop_down_trees-wpa0333l.jpg

10-4 on the beaver LOL.

Its like paying $120 a month for a little 4 inch screen smart phone with data so you can constantly tweet your brainless thoughts no one cares about. It's convenient.

Truefuel is convenient and to some it's worth the cost.

Originally Posted By: SOHCman
Its like paying $120 a month for a little 4 inch screen smart phone with data so you can constantly tweet your brainless thoughts no one cares about. It's convenient.

Hahaha, What??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back