TruFuel - is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get TruFuel for about $1.60 at Oreillys. I can also get ethanol free 91 octane gas too. I have Stihl synthetic 2 stroke oil, as well as marine stabil. I don't go through a lot of mix fuel. Maybe 1-2 gallons a year. What's the general consensus??

If you are a commercial operator, then no it wont be worth it. If you are a typical homeowner with less than an acre, than the $20-$30 a year you will spend on TruFuel is absolutely, 100% worth it in my opinion. The stuff is fantastic.

I would think it doesn't matter much for you, I like having extra gas around for whatever comes up and gas can that can fill up a car.

Just mix your own oil and gas in a gallon can and add a little stabil. I do this and never have a problem with the fuel. Cheaper than the premixed stuff.

So worth it.

I use nothing else for my 2 strokes anymore.

Great shelf life and it keeps things so clean.

No smell, No smoke.

A no-brainer.

Originally Posted By: Rand
how is it 1.60?

That's what I want to know.
smile.gif

Actually the ONLY reason not to use TruFuel is that mixing your own is cheaper.

And to many people that is it.

To me, taking out a Chainsaw that has been sitting for 6 months with TruFuel in it and have it start on the second pull and run Balls Out in a fallen tree is Worth the small extra cost.

Last edited:
It's certainly worth it for me. I only have one 2-smoke piece of OPE and use it very little, so a quart will last me all summer season. Just picked one up yesterday as I ran the week wacker empty last fall.

I buy VPracing small engine OPE fuel by the 5gal pail mix my own 2stroke the way I want it and the oil I want to use and run straight four stroke in the rest of my small OPE never go back. Way better price by the 5gallon.

If you really want to, you can remove virtually all the ethanol from fuel yourself. You need to start out from higher octane since you'll be lowering it during the process. Not worth the hassle, but it can be done.

I have a small cultivator, chainsaw, and trimmer. I'll probably go through two bottles of Trufuel over the summer. I love that my chainsaw starts up flawlessly after sitting for the winter. Heck, even my [censored] Poulan Pro trimmer starts up right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back