Chevron 15W40 with ARX in a VR6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone I am a newbie here and I think it is a great forum, I wish I found it earlier! After I spend a week reading here I
patriot.gif
am going to do an ARX clean on my 95 VW VR6 Passat. It has 100k and I think I'll put Chevron Delo 15w40 for the clean and for the rinse cycle. Is it a good idea?
I also think I might stick to 15/40 for after the ARX as VW specs it as a factory fill. Also what would other good 15w40's be? And last question, what would other good oils be for my VR6?

Thanks!
patriot.gif

I like Delvac 1300S. It has some G-I content whose solubility might work well with ARX. I like Delvac 15w-40 due to it smoothness and the fact it did not bog down my engines like other 15w-40s. For the short ARX process, I would not spend the extra money on HDEO, any 10w-40 would work fine. Check AutoZones well for the Delo SAE 30, $99c a gallon. 15w-40 might be overkill visc-wise.

It's new but Castrol Tection Extra is discounted every now and then. I got 8 gallons at $5 each. You may be just in time to catch Delo on sale. My Advance is closing out selling qts of Delo and has them pretty cheap on the clearance rack.

MolaKule has recommended in the past to run the thinnest oil possible during the Auto-RX clean to get it in as many places as possible.

Just saying this as 15W-40 is definitely thicker than a 30 weight...even a heavy 30 weight.

It probably would require you to order it, but if your really wanting a HDEO, maybe you could check out some of the 30 weights I have linked in this thread?

Are there any xxW-30 CI-4+ diesel oils?

Just a thought...

Chuck

stick_shift,

I think it might be a good idea to use what the manufacture recommends. Use non synthetic oil for the rinse phase good luck.

Daryl

I like the idea. The 15-40 is probably an A3 oil and would be excellent choice in said engine/car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back