Oil Compatibility - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
24895751_26077932_trimmed.jpg

I'm beside myself. I just realized I've been using Mobil 1 EP with a Pennzoil funnel (shown above).

Is there a compatibility problem between brands? Am I going to blow my engine?

Guys, I'm really stressed about this.

Pour a pint of pennzoil first to "trick" the funnel and then proceed to top off with your favorite brand.

That's what I do
35.gif

Awesome idea

Originally Posted By: Artem
Pour a pint of pennzoil first to "trick" the funnel and then proceed to top off with your favorite brand.

That's what I do
35.gif

More importantly, is this funnel made of group IV/V or the inferior group III components? The group of the funnel should match the group of the oil being poured through it.

I assume the funnel will get the sludge out of the M1 before it hits the valves.

You could throw a RP filter on to even out the VI.

Last edited:
Get rid of Mobil 1 instead install Pennzoil dino your car will run better and the oil fill hole will look perfect but only do the oil fill hole once a week. I know a friend who looks in the hole every day and his wife had him commited 2 months ago.

I've read on the internets that using pennzoil funnels causes wax buildup. But regardless, I will still buy it if it's on sale. However, I'd prefer the 5-gallon funnels.

April fools.

Just peel the label off and keep using Mobil1 since Pennzoil does indeed contain wax. That is a nice sturdy funnel.

Yellow means caution. You should exercise extreme caution when pouring oil through this funnel. You could also use this funnel to make funnel cake, but only after you've poured oil with a high paraffin wax content through it. You will add some serious flavor that way.

You can also use it to funnel laundered money.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hyde244
I wonder if using a 5w20 instead of 5w30 will reduce the life of the funnel.

No, 5W-20 will increase the life of the funnel. Obviously the 5W-30 is far too heavy and will break the funnel because it's made out of wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back