Pennzoil's cleaning claims - Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Originally Posted By: NMBurb02
How does this address Pennzoil's claims of keeping pistons clean? Much different operating environment. A view of the top end of your engine through the oil fill hole (or even under the full valve covers) does not show the cleanliness of the pistons.

It doesn't have to, but in most cases a clean engine on top is also clean everywhere else. Pennzoil's claims are just another marketing angle at something that doesn't need fixing when regular maintenance is done. Since Mobil 1 has taken the top end photos for their marketing campaign, Pennzoil just took something else, that's all.

I have yet to see a clean looking engine on top with stuck rings and burning tons of oil, have you?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: FoxS
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: gregoron
What's the VI? I doubt it will be higher than M1 0W-40.

It doubt it too. And it isn't listed
21.gif

This from the older PDS?

I calculated it from the new one you linked to.

Originally Posted By: cp3
OVERK1LL, Mobil's colours look better with your M badge!

Out of curiosity, what are you running in the Expedition right now?

AFE 0w-30
smile.gif

I thought so, still happy with it or going back to 0w40?

Sticking with 0w-30 in it I think. I ran AMSOIL AZO 0w-30 the previous OCI and it was similar to the AFE with the exception of a bit more oil consumption (I normally don't have to add oil between changes).

Nice. I would likely give it a try if I could get it locally, don't travel south at all.

This was the last of my stash. It was picked up by Stevie-C.

Oh ya, right on. Hope he's doing well!

He was the last time I was talking to him, which, admittedly, was a number of months back.

They are being smart and capturing all those new Toyota Honda owners who want 0w20.

SOPUS don't make PU 5w40 Euro easy to find nor PP 0w20.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
FoxS, PP 0W-20 is readily available in the midwest at WM.

I know but someone was complaining about it being virtually nowhere in Northern CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back