Best fuel/oil flush?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in doing pressurized decarb of my engine (I have supercharged F150). I am interested to do best possible cleaning of my oil system at the same time (I have rasons to suspect both are dirty).

Please advise what are best systems / ways out there that I could use to achieve "as good as new" cleanliness of these systems without damaging them?

Thank you in advance!

ZoranC

Auto-rx or Schaeffer's Neutra. Neutra can be used both in the oil and the fuel, Auto-rx is for the oil and transmission only.

I've had really good success, with the Amsoil Powerfoam/PI combo.

Matter of fact I have a shop in El Paso that uses this treatment for those who don't pass emmissions. What a difference this little 10 tune-up in a can does.

BTW you can get the combo for $15, they sell the service for over $30--talk about profit takers

quote:

Originally posted by msparks:
I've had really good success, with the Amsoil Powerfoam/PI combo.

Matter of fact I have a shop in El Paso that uses this treatment for those who don't pass emmissions. What a difference this little 10 tune-up in a can does.

If you have access to the emissions testing equipment, do the test yourself, you will see a big difference. I also recommend this proceedure for anyone who buys a used car, or uses gas that contains menthenol, which is known for making lots of carbon.

BTW you can get the combo for $15, they sell the service for over $30--talk about profit takers

http://www.amsoil.com/products/api.html
Ideal for both fuel injected and carbureted systems. Dissolves and removes fuel system deposits and other contaminants for improved power and overall performance in gasoline engines. Reduces PCV and EGR system deposits. Reduces exhaust emissions (tests show up to 90 percent reduction). Improves engine idle, response and starting.

http://www.amsoil.com/products/apf.html
Cleans entire combustion intake system for improved engine performance. Removes gum, varnish and carbon deposits for better fuel economy and improved overall engine performance. Cleans intake valves, intake manifolds and throttle plates to keep the combustion intake system running at peak efficiency. Effective in both two-cycle and four-cycle engines

[ January 24, 2003, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: msparks ]

I am more looking for pressurized cleaning. I need to make this really REALLY clean. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

ZoranC

quote:

Originally posted by ZoranC:
I am more looking for pressurized cleaning. I need to make this really REALLY clean. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

ZoranC

BG Automotives (www.bgprod.com) and MotorVac Technologies offer both Engine Oil Flushing and Carbon Removal systems. The services are normally offered thru shops and dealerships. You may need to ask around to see which shops offer the services in your area. I have used the MotorVac Carbon Removal service ($80) from my Nissan dealer with good results.

quote:

Originally posted by GimmeTorq: BG Automotives (www.bgprod.com) and MotorVac Technologies offer both Engine Oil Flushing and Carbon Removal systems.

Thank you! Any advantages/disadvantages one has vs other?

Thanks again!

ZoranC

On our previous supercharged 97 GTP we found running a strong can of BG 44K through the system was enough!

Normally I clean the system out with gumout but you can't do that on a supercharged engine.

quote:

Originally posted by ZoranC:

quote:

Originally posted by GimmeTorq: BG Automotives (www.bgprod.com) and MotorVac Technologies offer both Engine Oil Flushing and Carbon Removal systems.

Thank you! Any advantages/disadvantages one has vs other?

Thanks again!

ZoranC

I don't consider myself qualified to do such comparison. From my experience and what I have read, both BG and Motorvac services and products are similar and have, at least, a good reputation out there. Availability and price may become the issues when looking at these services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back