Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer

Why are there so much hate for this stuff, has everyone used it and got bad results? I've been using it 10+ years with good results.
If you do a search on the subject, there are some virgin oil analysis (VOA) done on here that show the stuff to be essentially 90W gear oil. There are no additives at all, no friction modifiers etc....just straight heavy oil.

If you do a search on the subject, there are some virgin oil analysis (VOA) done on here that show the stuff to be essentially 90W gear oil. There are no additives at all, no friction modifiers etc....just straight heavy oil.
hmmmm, I see. No, I haven't done researched on it yet. I had an integra for 15yrs and used that stuff for maybe 13 yrs. I was actually getting better mpg and the engine was still good when I traded in.

**Added: Yes, it does look thick but I mix it.

Last edited:
hmmmm, I see. No, I haven't done researched on it yet. I had an integra for 15yrs and used that stuff for maybe 13 yrs. I was actually getting better mpg and the engine was still good when I traded in.

**Added: Yes, it does look thick but I mix it.
Forrest Lucas is no dummy but if you feel confident in it then I see no reason to change what has worked for you.

Exactly the point. Why dilute a formulated oil with this garbage?

And it is garbage, in and of itself. Cheap bright stock that does more harm than good.

Like the old STP from the 60s...and Mopar EOS....

Why are there so much hate for this stuff, has everyone used it and got bad results? I've been using it 10+ years with good results.
Because it's about $0.25 (and that may be being generous) worth of the cheapest possible garbage solid as a miracle. It's absolutely incapable of doing anything it claims to do except maybe slow oil consumption and that's only because it's about 10 billion times heavier than regular engine oil due to the heavy bright stock and massive amount of VII polymer, which are effectively the whole the of the product.

Back