Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer

My soon to be ex wife listened to her boyfriend and put Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer in her 2016 Chevy Equinox. She claims she only put a little bit in but since has been having oil disappear at high rate of speed and when she checked oil the stick was bone dry but if she opened the oil cap at top and rechecked the stick was full.

I took it to the dealership. She didn’t tell me this till after I spent $2,700 at the dealership trying to find this crazy oil leak and the fact her whole underneath her hood is nice shiny and had small puddles of oil on top of battery box, engine coolant container. The dealership was not able to find an oil leak but they said she had gasoline in her oil so they replaced her Intake Manifold PCV Valve and did a fuel system flush and another oil change even though she had one a month prior.

Do you feel this could be the issue and have damaged her engine?

I use that stuff in my Semi truck but that’s what it’s made for hence it says Heavy Duty on the bottle!

Than you! Any help is appreciated!

Almost all equinox of that vintage come in for an oil change at my shop with no oil on the stick and no leaks... ecotec I presume. Lucas is not the problem.
+1

They are famous for burning oil, I doubt the Lucas did any significant damage.

As far as her asking for your help I'd be telling her to kick rocks, but this isn't a counseling forum.

The Ecotec 2.4 is horrible. No matter what you do, not matter what oil you use or interval - they will burn oil and A LOT of it. I have replaced so many I can't remember how may in total and the one's I do see that I have not replaced yet are always low it no oil at oil change time. With that being said the Lucas did not hurt nor help anything. I am not a fan of it regardless. Last thing, not my business, but even though she is still technically your wife - she has a boyfriend so I would not care to help at all at this point forward - she's his problem now.

I had this happen to me my friend, do not be the nice guy. It will bite you in the a## like it did me. Trust me, I understand your point but I am on the other side, you need to protect yourself not her.

As to the Lucas, if she filled it with it maybe.. but idk.

Back