I need some opinions on a new tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find out where the local SCCA autocrossers(SOLO 2) get their alignments done and go there. These shops tend to be better and will align the vehicle to YOUR specs rather than what the computer says is right for your vehicle.

im not a fan of those falken tires.. but accords can cup tires

the cooper replacements they offered are very nice.

I would also find a good alignment shop that will do it right.

My friends 08 accord cupped his yokohama s.drive terribly in 20k miles. They were louder than mud tires on the highway. It was in spec. They were rotated 5-7k miles

Some tires are more resistant to bad wear than others.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
Nowadays, many cars come with high levels of camber. This makes the car handle well, but isn't good for tire wear. My experience is that anything over 1 degree is prone to developing irregular wear (and that means noise!)

I must be spoiled, never had a new car, (all domestic makes), that really needed alignment under 100,000 miles, much less 25,000 mi.
Its nice to slap on set of tires and have them last 60-65,000 miles.

I agree. My 01 Escape with 180k has never had an alignment and still wears the tires evenly. My son, however, had a Camry that he bought new, about a 95, that was terrible on tires and no one could seem to get it aligned properly, including the dealer. I had the alignment checked on my 06 Mustang GT at about 60k when I put new Koni shocks on it. It was still in spec.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
My son, however, had a Camry that he bought new, about a 95, that was terrible on tires and no one could seem to get it aligned properly, including the dealer.

Yeah, with the price of tires these day that can get rather expensive over time.

So much for Honda/Toyoda.

I went ahead about bought the Cooper tires that they offered me as a replacement because of the good deal and I will probably hold off on mounting the tires until I get some more use out of the Falken tires.

I talked to a friend of mine recently and he suggested that I take my car to a shop in Lynwood, IL that is a family owned mom and pop type shop that has been around for over 30 years. He also said that is the only place he takes his car to for alignment or tires because of the good quality service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back