Discount Tire - Issue?

If it is only the looks then I would not try to fix something that is not broken.
Can you really see the weights from outside?
I had once new tire mounted and new weights were added to the old ones. That was bad service.

Krzyś

These are the wheels on my truck so yes, you can see the long strip of 18 1/4 ounce weights.
1702758698853.jpeg

I have seen that many weights OE installed on a late model Porshe Cayenne turbo. A heavy 20-inch wheel that might take 2 ounces on the outside flange can take double at 4 oz to add weight inboard to correct it, which also affects the backside weight.

Look if it's not broken don't fix it

I have a tire with 3 big hammer on weights on the outside (on the right rear, but I put it there not the Walmart techs) and a tire with 2 weights that are like 8 inches apart. Both mount and balance jobs were under $25, and both tires roll smooth, so I don't care about the ugly weights. But my car is old and crusty so looks aren't really a practical goal

I don't recommend this particular action, but they did put it in the commercial 👀
In all seriousness, take it back, most balancing machines have a mode to hide weights behind spokes

Back