Going from MaxLife to Chevron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I experience any ill affects by doing that? The 3800 has been getting MaxLife 10W-30
steadily for several years now and runs very well with it. But I'm thinking with the high
prices the way they are, I was considering trying Chevron Supreme 10W-30. Bad idea?

I'm ditching MaxLife aswell, in every vehicle, I used it for years.
You could try Rotella T5 syn blend it's a HDEO, not that you really need HDEO, but it is very cheap @ 16 a gal @ WM, and it contains an add pak that is "similar" to a HM oil with seal conditioners.

Yes I'm worried about losing the seal conditioners.

I have a rear main seal that weeps, but not enough to form a drip.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: wsar10

Why? (I'm currently using it)

Why not go to Chevron Supreme high mileage? Split the difference so to speak. If you have Oreilly Auto locally, they run specials on Chevron motor oils periodically.

Originally Posted By: vinu_neuro
Originally Posted By: wsar10

Why? (I'm currently using it)

it started with me trying to find an oil with a higher ZDDP content for my 4.0 and I learned about the benefits of HDEO (for my application), and when looking into ML on here i kept coming acroos ppl talking about recycled content, and formula changes a while back and I read a VOA on ML and the first post was a member asking "where's the good stuff". So i bailed !

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Why not go to Chevron Supreme high mileage? Split the difference so to speak. If you have Oreilly Auto locally, they run specials on Chevron motor oils periodically.

I sure would if I could get it cheaper than MaxLife at Wal*Mart.
But the price of Chevron HM at O'Rilley is $6.29 a quart.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back