350 TBI Oil Recommendations?

Best bang for your buck, 5w40 Quaker State Euro Full Synthetic from Wally World.
Curious about this....what makes it a great recommendation for my ol' American farm truck? I will say that I ran QSFS 5W-30 in my Frontier to replace my beloved Magnatec and that engine loved it. I have respect for the QS stuff now.

What do you think about the Valvoline HM 150K stuff? My Meijer has it, and I heard it has extra moly. $25 bucks a jug.
For $25 i'd buy it just for that nice black and red jug. Yeah why not. It could have a bit extra moly but that alone will still make it underperform a cheaper but better euro oil with specs like Porsche a40, BMW ll-01 and mb 229.5. That oil would never pass those requirements.

Curious about this....what makes it a great recommendation for my ol' American farm truck? I will say that I ran QSFS 5W-30 in my Frontier to replace my beloved Magnatec and that engine loved it. I have respect for the QS stuff now.
I used euro 0w40 mobil 1 in my 83 305 for yesrs. It was my cold weather winter bester. Euro oils typically have more zddp and are just tested to stricter requirements than typical 5w30. My car got sold several years ago and 2 owners later it was recently spotted pulling a trailer.

A TBI 350 has a flat tappet cam but it's really a very mild cam with not much lift or high valve spring pressures, just about any full saps 30 or 40 grade will work fine, although ofcourse running something like VR1 10W-30 with high Zddp won't hurt it at all.

A TBI 350 has a flat tappet cam but it's really a very mild cam with not much lift or high valve spring pressures, just about any full saps 30 or 40 grade will work fine, although ofcourse running something like VR1 10W-30 with high Zddp won't hurt it at all.
What does "saps" mean?

What does "saps" mean?
The euro oils such as the m1 0w40 is considered "full saps". I'm not the guy to explain what it means though.
I run this oil in my flat tappet 1976 Oldsmobile 350 v8, my 2005 Silverado 4.8 V8 work truck and my lawn tractor and push mower along with generator.

My '94 has a TBI 305 and I've been using the Napa brand 5W-30 High Milage in the red jug. No issues at all. I change it every 3000 miles which is right around a year.
How many miles does it have? I put in the 5W-40 Euro this weekend and now she puffs oil on startup. I'm sure it's valve seals, but it didn't puff or burn any when I bought it. Of course, I have no idea what oil was in it. It did have a GM filter though. Wondering if the 5W is a little thin on startup for old valve seals. Does the Napa HM have seal conditioners that may help?

How many miles does it have? I put in the 5W-40 Euro this weekend and now she puffs oil on startup. I'm sure it's valve seals, but it didn't puff or burn any when I bought it. Of course, I have no idea what oil was in it. It did have a GM filter though. Wondering if the 5W is a little thin on startup for old valve seals. Does the Napa HM have seal conditioners that may help?
Put a bottle of Liquid Moly Motor Oil Saver in it or Schaeffer Moly EP for any burning oil.

Back