2011 Toyota avalon Redline 5w-30

Hello all
My 2011 Toyota avalon now sits at about 111k miles. I'll be driving this car almost exclusively for work which is primarily highway miles with a few shorter trips around town to the store etc. I gave my old Mercury Grand marquis to my son. I've been considering using Redline 5w-30 for my next oil change. I've got a couple quarts laying around so I was thinking of buying the gallon off Amazon. I know it's good oil but I've also read on here that it isn't suitable for extended oci's. I don't want to run it ridiculously long but I was thinking, 10k miles. In order to offset the cost. I don't normally push even synthetic very long 5k maybe little more. So 10k would be a new experience for me. If I do this I've got a Blackstone uoa kit and was planning on doing a uoa. But only if I think it would hold up at least that long. I'm asking for anyone to share personal experiences with that long of an oci with Redline 5w-30.

it's the V6? if so, it's extremely easy on oil, I used to run any full synthetic for the recommended OCI in my 2014 Avalon for 60k miles, and the engine oil came out cleaner and cleaner after each oil change, I did do 60% highway driving so it also depends on your driving habits, I wouldn't use redline due to cost.

Looking at the new oil prices at Walmart, I would run Supertech Advanced Full Synetic (20,000 version) for the 10,000 OCI recommended by Toyota without hesitation.

it's the V6? if so, it's extremely easy on oil, I used to run any full synthetic for the recommended OCI in my 2014 Avalon for 60k miles, and the engine oil came out cleaner and cleaner after each oil change, I did do 60% highway driving so it also depends on your driving habits, I wouldn't use redline due to cost.

Looking at the new oil prices at Walmart, I would run Supertech Advanced Full Synetic (20,000 version) for the 10,000 OCI recommended by Toyota without hesitation.
Yes, it's the V6. However Toyota only recommends 5k oci on it but I believe that was on dino not synthetic.

Yeah, synthetic is 10K. That Redline however is ABSOLUTE overkill, so it can do easily 10K.
Thank you. Mine has that little tick or tap however you want to describe it. It's done it since I've had it. I've done some research online and apparently it's quite common in those engines and nothing to be concerned about. But I was wondering if something like redline might muffle the sound a bit.

Thank you. Mine has that little tick or tap however you want to describe it. It's done it since I've had it. I've done some research online and apparently it's quite common in those engines and nothing to be concerned about. But I was wondering if something like redline might muffle the sound a bit.
Yes. I had that with oW20 synthetic in my Sienna. Mobil1 5W30 and 0W40 I was running occasionally, resolved that.

Back