ContinentalExtremeContact DWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me about these tires. My buddy's daughter just bought an '07 Scion tC with these tires on all 4 corners but the rears could use 2 new tires(they pass Inspection but...) the fronts brand new.

Very impressive car BTW!

Here's another one, mine from when I bought them
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2248122&page=1

They are a great tire, I'm very pleased with them. Smooth ride, quiet, tons of grip. They don't even notice rain on the roads. Still get good gas mileage with them (Did 35-37mpg with them on a 2000 mile trip). They seem to be wearing okay but with only a little less than 4k on them it's too early to tell.

DWS's are on my SLK350, and I love them. They were on the car when I bought it, so I can't compare them to another tire, but I do know these tires have handled whatever I've asked of them. I'll see if they can handle Winter conditions in 6-7 months.

I have 4,000 miles on them, the fronts are down to 10/32 (11/32 AOA) and rears are still at 11/32. Plan on rotating them in another thousand. I think they should last me the 55,000 mile treadwear warranty for sure as long as I rotate them regularly.

WOW! Fellas', thank you. That's alot of information and I will certainly pass this on to our friends. They'll be very happy as they will only have to replace 2. As I mentiond, the fronts are new and the rears could stand to be replaced later, probably in late autumn.

The Continental Pro Contact Eco Plus tires are very good as well . Put these on the '08 YARIS sedan and the ride is better and handling too ( rain / dry cornering , etc. ) . The gas mileage seems to be about the same as the Bridgestone RE 92s that came on the car . We purchased them at $92 each . Here's the road test at TIRERACK . http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=133 .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: odie
The Continental Pro Contact Eco Plus tires are very good as well . Put these on the '08 YARIS sedan and the ride is better and handling too ( rain / dry cornering , etc. ) . The gas mileage seems to be about the same as the Bridgestone RE 92s that came on the car . We purchased them at $92 each . Here's the road test at TIRERACK . http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=133 .

First of all, thank you to all who have responded on the DWS.

Second of all,thank you odie for this info on the ECO+
Good info as well! A friend of mine has an '08 Yaris 2dr/HB w/RE-92's and he is looking for tires soon or at leats before winter.

I have been discussing options with him. We looked up the RE-92's on the tire rack and they showed to be about the most expensive tires in his size and one of the low(er) rated. I'll have to present these Cont ECO+ tires to him and check the total cost as compared to other tire we've looked at already.

Can you give me a bit more information on these in a PM?
And is your '08 Yaris a 2dr-4dr/HB or sedan?
My friend drives localy but around the holidays, he drives between NY and PA to visit family and winter traction is somewhat important too.

Last edited:
We originally had them on the '10 YARIS 3 door that we traded in and had them swapped to the '08 sedan before . The ECO + made an improvement for the 3 door as well . I can't say how winter traction is since we bougt them in April . They do very well on rain soaked roads , are quieter , and ride is smoother ( soak up imperfections ). Tires are set at 35 p.s.i.. At $92 each , a good bargain . Here's the review from Consumer Reports . http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/...us-99032528.htm . Let us know what you and your friend decide on and how they work out .

Last edited:
good tire. wasnt really the tire for me, but for the size 205/50/16 it pretty much fit the bill of what i needed out of the tire. bought it because it was a UHP. I recently sold them this week through a forum. I picked up Continentals Extreme Contact DW. 205/50/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back