How much FP Plus before Oil Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to use FP Plus right before an oil change, how many ounces would I need to use to take the place of using something like Regaine?

For my daily drivers, I usually dump a bottle of Regaine or Redline Fuel System Cleaner in my tank right before I do an oil change. But I have a gallon of FP Plus that I use for my yard equipment and classic car, so I am thinking instead of buying extra bottles why not just use the FP Plus if I can get the same cleaning. So, can the FP Plus be used in larger quantities before an oil change like these other products and provide the same cleaning? If so, how much FP Plus would I need to add to the tank?

thanks for the help

Last edited:
Agree with above. If you want a "shock" system cleaner I'd go with Berryman B-12 or Chevron's fi cleaner.

I use the FP+ as directed and it's great.

Using a maintenance dose would be too difficult with all the cars in my family and keeping up with when each one gets a fill up, thats why I usually in the past have just added a bottle of Regaine before an oil change.

The reason why I am asking about FP Plus and if it can be used before an oil change only, is because I already have a gallon of it, so if it can also be used in greater amounts and provide the same cleaning as these other products then I would rather use what i already have rather then continuing to buy extra bottle of the others.

That would be a good question for the folks at LC. Give them a call, or email, and report back. I'd like to know this myself!

yeah more than 1 or 1.5oz per 10 gallons has questionable value, at least to me. For a shock treatment i like the Gumout Regane complete fuel system cleaner or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back