Mobil 1 Fuel Vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Internesting.hehehe, Mobil/Exxon has always been kind of "quiet" about their additive pack compared to BP (pushing their Invigorate), Chevron (with their Techron), and Shell (with their "hydrogren infused fuel") but yea, just checked the http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html site now, and sure enough....Exxon and Mobil are both listed, separately
smile.gif
I'm amazed.....though I'm kind of glad they aren't shoving their ad-pack down our throats; be it through TV, radio, or newspaper adverts....

I know when Shell first went to hydrogen, there ads were alllll over. lol. Got annoying after a while.

I never been impressed by and had several bad experiences with Exxon fuel.

There are virtually no Mobil stations in my area.

This video um... kinda sucks. It's much like their Q&A.
smirk.gif
There is no real information here. A list of items like "Clean fuel injectors, intake valves, combustion chamber, exhaust valves" with little checked boxes next to them would have been equally as informative. Nifty animation, but "meh" and "blah" on everything else.

This is off-topic but I had to share. I have been noticing these quart bottles of pre-mix fuel sold at Sears and Wal-Mart for about $5.00. This is one quart of gas with some 2-cycle oil and a fuel stabilizer. So, for twenty bucks a gallon it's pricey. The only technical specifications listed are that it's 90 octane, uses a synthetic 2-cycle oil, and has a shelf life of 2 years.

So I went to the gas station and bought some 100 octane unleaded racing fuel. This stuff is $7.49 per gallon. I mixed a gallon with my Motorex 2-cycle oil and added sta-bil and off I went to the weed eater with gas can in hand. It has no ethanol in the fuel and I have no idea what additives are put in racing fuel but this stuff smells like alcohol. I'm going to run the entire gallon through my small engines and use the blower mainly for inspection since it's the easiest to disassemble. This stuff might not meet top-tier ratings but it sure smell and looks like it could be used in a funny car.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ahoier
I know when Shell first went to hydrogen, there ads were alllll over. lol. Got annoying after a while.

Nitrogen. And they were Top Tier before that, FYI. The "nitrogen" thing was just a way to use one of their latest tweaks to draw attention.

Hydrogen,, yeah baby!! It worked wonders for the Hindenburg. Just imagine what it will do for the Duesenburg. haha

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
I never been impressed by and had several bad experiences with Exxon fuel.

There are virtually no Mobil stations in my area.

Not many here anymore either, when there were I made it a point to stay out of them.

I use Mobil now for the most part as they're the only Top Tier supplier in WNY. Hopefully, others like Sunoco will follow. Sunoco is already Top Tier in Canada, but not the U.S. for some reason.

Interestingly, when Mobil became TT here, they had signs up at every station for fuelprogress.com as well as mentioning the cleaning prowess of their gas. Now, almost nothing is advertised about it at stations...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back