c6 corvette filter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was currently using the pf46 which i have read is a prtty good filter? and was opting to go with a UPF44 its a bit more expensive but i assume worth it.
Is there are others for my application ?

thanks

Originally Posted By: qdeezie
Is the PF46 an ECORE?

The current design/production is. GM has gotten crazy with their parts pricing - I believe the UPF44 is now approaching $15 (list). I would be curious to see a comparison of the specs for the UPF44 and a P1 - I suspect the P1 is as good or better for half the money...

I stopped using the UPF44 on my C5 (Corvette) and changed to WIX or NAPA GOLD (same filter) because of poor flow. They filter great but flow poor. My cold oil pressure went up 10-15 psi, and since the oil pressure sensor is after the oil filter, more psi equals more flow.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
I stopped using the UPF44 on my C5 (Corvette) and changed to WIX or NAPA GOLD (same filter) because of poor flow. They filter great but flow poor. My cold oil pressure went up 10-15 psi, and since the oil pressure sensor is after the oil filter, more psi equals more flow.

The whole poor flow rumor of the UPF44 filter was all false. ACDelco had data that said it was one of best flowing filters on the market. It's built like the Royal Purple, and there was some data just a day ago on here somewhere that showed how well the RP flows.

http://freepdfhosting.com/43097ffd23.pdf

Are you talking your cold oil pressure at high RPM? Because the only way you can tell if the filter is restricting any oil flow is when the oil pump is running at max relief pressure, which will not happen without some good RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back