How is the Purolator One oil filter?

Have you ever even had one of these Purolator bypass valves in your hands? I have played around with them many times when I was using PureOnes. The are built stout, and you will not damage them - maybe with a hammer, lol. Whip City's test showed no light, but again all I'm saying is if the test was done like I described then it would be better validation of the "light leak test" for this particular bypass valve setup. Unknown how well that little flashlight put good light directly on the metal-to-metal seal. With the end cap off, the tester could put known good light on the seal and do a more thorough test. Testing is only as good as the procedure used. Goes with everything tested in the world.

As far as PureOnes ... I used them alot before the tearing heydays. And from what I see today in the M+H/Purolator Spec Sheets, the ones today don't seem as filtering efficient as that older ones made before M+H came along. Today, they would not be near the top of my list to buy and use.
Yea I cut plenty a 14612 and 14610 open. Its been a long while.
I was being sarcastic when I said it could be delicate.
I don’t see the need to test it any further than he did

I don’t see the need to test it any further than he did
I do, because the test can be done better for better verification. The better the test procedure, the more confidence that the test results are accurate.

I would use the PureOne. I haven't seen any recent torn PureOnes, and they are a good filter for the price. My issue is finding them. They are no longer at my local WalMart (not sure if they are just no longer sold at WalMart?) and the only places near me that carry anything Purolator are Advance Auto (farthest away) or Tractor Supply (they carry a few red Purolators and a few Bosses). Rockauto doesn't have them, and Amazon pricing seems to vary widely depending on the size you need. I bought a few Bosses 2-3 years ago for my dad's Grand Cherokee 5.7L. The Boss was actually cheaper than the PureOne in some sizes on Amazon which made zero sense.

I would use the PureOne. I haven't seen any recent torn PureOnes, and they are a good filter for the price. My issue is finding them. They are no longer at my local WalMart (not sure if they are just no longer sold at WalMart?) and the only places near me that carry anything Purolator are Advance Auto (farthest away) or Tractor Supply (they carry a few red Purolators and a few Bosses). Rockauto doesn't have them, and Amazon pricing seems to vary widely depending on the size you need. I bought a few Bosses 2-3 years ago for my dad's Grand Cherokee 5.7L. The Boss was actually cheaper than the PureOne in some sizes on Amazon which made zero sense.
Menards is where I got them. Every PureOne that I have cut open have been perfectly fine. I'm using a Microguard Select now from O'Reilly's.

Back