Wix = Nominal (50%) at 21 microns? (Corvette LT1 Filter Options)

If I was concerned about flow, I would be looking at the Royal Purple, Fram Endurance (from Wal-Mart), or even an old school "OG" Ultra XG3980 or AAP Titanium FS3980 IF I could find one that has the wire backing, NOT the newer, inferior synthetic blend backing. Or, a straight up AC Delco Ecore. ALL of those filters would be vastly better than the bottom of the barrel Quaker State QS3980 (likely Purolator Classic clone) that it came with.

“99% efficient at 23 microns (Based on WIX 51515, WIX 51356, WIX 57060)”
That’s really good! When was this email correspondence - recent?
That's on the regular WIX filter line, not the XP or other of WIX's filters. WIX has advertised their regular line of filters at 95% @ 20u forever, and 99% @ 23u would essentially be the same as 95% @ 20u.

This is why I only trust the efficiency info that is on the manufacture's website. Who knows where these 3rd party sellers get their information. Like I mentioned earlier, if the manufacturer is willing to give that kind of info to the 3rd party sellers, why don't they also just put the same info on their own website. Wix doesn't do that ... you can't find any reference on Wix's website saying to what efficiency test spec they use to rate their filter efficiency.
@ZeeOSix or anyone, I'm unable to find an efficiency rating for - AC Delco PF52E. This is a particularly interesting filter because of it's unique ecore construction and I'd really like to have reliable efficiency info on it for the comparison. Thanks for any help and Happy 4th!

Here's AC Delco Ultraguard efficiency info: https://www.gmparts.com/parts/filters/oil#:~:text=ACDelco's Ultraguard Oil,25-30 microns

@ZeeOSix or anyone, I'm unable to find an efficiency rating for - AC Delco PF52E. This is a particularly interesting filter because of it's unique ecore construction and I'd really like to have reliable efficiency info on it for the comparison. Thanks for any help and Happy 4th!

Here's AC Delco Ultraguard efficiency info: https://www.gmparts.com/parts/filters/oil#:~:text=ACDelco's Ultraguard Oil,25-30 microns
Found this on Amazon ... "From the Manufacture" section.

In this section (first screen shot below), they seem to be talking about both the OE and Ultraguard Gold filters. They show a range of micron size, so maybe they mean the "OE" is 98% @ 30u and the Ultraguard Gold is 98% @ 25u - ??

Then down further on the page they talk about the nylon eCore center tube used on the OE line, and say this filter (the OE model in the Amazon ad) is 98% @ 30u. If I had to pick a number based on this, it would be 98% @ 30 microns.

If you can somehow contact AC Delco tech support, maybe they can clarify.

1688491053677.png

1688491615719.png

Back